GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Gang,

I feel like a commercial here but you all may know me through my GMConnects service. I also write for GMAuthority and have recently written an article which I hope you can all take a moment to read. I realize that I am preaching to the choir here but I am just asking you to sing a couple of hymms from the "top of the tower". For those of you with Facebook or Twitter accounts, please click on the Facebook 'like" button or tweet button at the bottom of the article.

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2012/03/opinion-ask-not-what-your-country-can-do-for-you-ask-what-you-can-do-for-your-country

Thank you!
Hylton Jorssen

·
Premium Member
14,156 Posts
I love what you're doing but I honestly can't say that I feel like I sacrificed for my country when getting a Volt. Glad to help the cause, but the facts are that the Volt is fun to drive and it's even more fun to drive by gas stations. Plus I saved plenty of bucks given the car I probably would have gotten had I not gotten a Volt. I see Volt owners more as happy with the benefits of their purchase not as self-sacrificing.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Don,

Your point is absolutely true! We at GMConnects have noticed that Volt customers are the happiest group of ALL car owners. If you look at the GMConnects Facebook page, you'll see what I am talking about. Your happiness radiates in pictures and it's something Chevrolet should do a better job of communicating to the public. Seriously - that alone makes me want to go out and buy one.

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
My only sacrifice in buying a volt is dealing with the political spin against the Volt I like taking the time to talk to others on forums (which I find fun), but dealing with so much disinformation is sometimes a sacrifice. .

On the otherhand I'm happy to say I "Invested" in my volt and my country!
Investments pay one back!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Good morning Hylton,

Nice article and I'm happy to adopt your point of view.

I'm one of those frustrated persons that never had a chance to buy the EV1 so I would have bought the Volt even if it were just a BEV and continued using my ICE powered vehicles. As it is I no longer need my ICE vehicles with the exception on my truck.

I can and do give test drives in my Volt whenever the opportunity arises. If this could somehow be increased by GM through dealers or some sort of program at high schools or on weekends at shopping centers or some sort of public venue to accelerate public awareness of this true technological marvel that would be great.

GM does have to get their distribution and advertising corrected on the Volt however. To me they keep shooting themselves in the foot and wondering why they are limping along.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Ross,

What is the reaction you get from those who do get to drive your Volt and do you find yourself to be a happier person since you've owned it?

·
Registered
962 Posts
I have yet to get a negative comment about the Volt in person. The internet is another matter. But it's easy to hate things you can't have when you live in your mom's basement. :)

In person, everyone is just curious. They want to know what it's all about. And they're excited to see one. Almost every day, I get one or two people pointing or blatantly staring. Just on my work commute. I've even had people get me to roll my window down at stop lights just to ask questions. I tell these stories to one of my car-guy friends and he just says, "Geez, you'd think you were driving a Ferrari or something."

But yes, the only sacrifice I've made is sacrificing my time refuting false claims on the internet.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have yet to get a negative comment about the Volt in person. The internet is another matter. But it's easy to hate things you can't have when you live in your mom's basement. :)
Oh that's a good one and TRUE!!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Go defend the Volt with facts and personal stories

I've been commenting on every article about the Volt published on CNN, Fox, etc. I try to avoid using hyperbole and sarcasm, but rather calmly, concisely, and cogently try to simply state the facts about MY car - the cost, the mpg, and the quality. I talk about how it is fun to drive, with quick acceleration and handling. And I always challenge them to go test drive one and see for themselves. More people need to go on these sites and defend the Volt with Truth. There will be a tipping point, we just have to keep educating the public at a faster pace than the Volt-haters are misinforming them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts