GM Volt Forum banner

Volt Owner in Europe , Rare

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  jbakerjonathan 
#1 ·
Hi,
i am a Volt Owner from Europe, Germany. Country is Lower Saxxony.
I have one of a very rare Volts in Europe. I bought it in Dec. 2014.
The typical Version is OPEL Ampera . It has a little more futuristic Look.
A small Picture from my Volt and Transrapid (Magnetic Highspeed Train, sold to China :( ).
And a Volt and Ampera.
Greetings to you over there.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Grüß dich und willkommen im forum!

Why did you buy a Volt as opposed to the Opel Ampera? Were there differences in the interior causing you to want the Volt?

I am curious: is the speed of your Volt limited to 163 kph (101 mph)? And, if so, do you often drive at top speed?

#9 ·
I am curious: is the speed of your Volt limited to 163 kph (101 mph)? And, if so, do you often drive at top speed?
Sometimes when I'm driving in Germany I do drive the top speed. Funny thing is that you can feel it when the speed limiter kicks in, it is not completely smooth. You are still accelerating upto 160 kWh and when the accelerating stops you feel something. Hard to explain. Volt handles fine at these speeds.

#8 ·
As a fellow European Volt driver a welcome too you.

Do you know how many Volts are driving around in Germany? I have never seen any, nor an Ampera. Here, in the Netherlands I see sometimes a Volt and daily some Amperas.

Just over 1000 volts have been sold here, and about 5000 Amperas.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.