GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
i am a Volt Owner from Europe, Germany. Country is Lower Saxxony.
I have one of a very rare Volts in Europe. I bought it in Dec. 2014.
The typical Version is OPEL Ampera . It has a little more futuristic Look.
A small Picture from my Volt and Transrapid (Magnetic Highspeed Train, sold to China :( ).
And a Volt and Ampera.
Greetings to you over there.

Attachments

·
Administrator
20,024 Posts
Welcome! Did you have something to do with the train?

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Great pics, thank you. Good to hear at least some Volts are in Europe.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Hi,
i am a Volt Owner from Europe, Germany. Country is Lower Saxxony.
I have one of a very rare Volts in Europe. I bought it in Dec. 2014.
The typical Version is OPEL Ampera . It has a little more futuristic Look.
A small Picture from my Volt and Transrapid (Magnetic Highspeed Train, sold to China :( ).
And a Volt and Ampera.
Greetings to you over there.
I do like the Ampera's styling in general, but individually, that decal is cringe-worthy.... :)

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
Grüß dich und willkommen im forum!

Why did you buy a Volt as opposed to the Opel Ampera? Were there differences in the interior causing you to want the Volt?

I am curious: is the speed of your Volt limited to 163 kph (101 mph)? And, if so, do you often drive at top speed?

·
Registered
638 Posts
Happy to hear the Ampera is still alive and well in Europe, welcome aboard....

·
Registered
60 Posts
As a fellow European Volt driver a welcome too you.

Do you know how many Volts are driving around in Germany? I have never seen any, nor an Ampera. Here, in the Netherlands I see sometimes a Volt and daily some Amperas.

Just over 1000 volts have been sold here, and about 5000 Amperas.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I am curious: is the speed of your Volt limited to 163 kph (101 mph)? And, if so, do you often drive at top speed?
Sometimes when I'm driving in Germany I do drive the top speed. Funny thing is that you can feel it when the speed limiter kicks in, it is not completely smooth. You are still accelerating upto 160 kWh and when the accelerating stops you feel something. Hard to explain. Volt handles fine at these speeds.

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
Sometimes when I'm driving in Germany I do drive the top speed. Funny thing is that you can feel it when the speed limiter kicks in, it is not completely smooth. You are still accelerating upto 160 kWh and when the accelerating stops you feel something. Hard to explain. Volt handles fine at these speeds.
Last summer I had the opportunity to reach maximum speed in my 2014 Volt. I agree with you that the Volt does well at top speed. I also noted that as the car was accelerating to 101 mph, it felt like the car wanted to go faster but that it was being held back. Because driving at that speed is illegal in the USA, I decelerated to the legal speed limit and continued to enjoy my road trip 8^)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts