GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder if anyone else is having this problem. Volt is not sending text messages when Fully Charged or Disconnected. I guess it is an OnStar issue.

Anyone else.. only last couple of days.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I get zilch. no emails & no texts. gmail/at&t

·
Registered
355 Posts
Just picked up my 2011 Volt Demo last week, OnStar is set up, MyVolt account is set up...and I'm not getting text or email alerts either. Other than that...loving the car.

gmail/Verizon

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ditto, haven't gotten a text or email yet; reminder, charge finished etc. Also ATT & gmail. I've toggled the settings various ways to no avail. Just got my volt last weekend, and getting set up with onstar took a few days, so I haven't called in to talk to onstar about this yet. If anyone does, let us know how it turns out.

T.J.

·
Registered
6,664 Posts
DITTO on a 2012 delivered 3/31/12 I called my Volt Advisor who put me in contact with OnStar. The OnStar lady tried to help but it was outside her scope, so she said she would have to escalate it and someone would get back to me.

If this is the only glitch on a car this high tech I'm a happy camper.

More to follow.

Tom
USAF Retired

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Been dealing with this Onstar issue since Day 1. This is a system wide problem that they aren't doing squat about. I wish some important Onstar person would read this thread and get some programmers working on this problem.

·
Registered
167 Posts
It's been hit an miss of late. For example, yesterday morning (4:15 AM) I got a charge completed e-mail, but yesterday afternoon (3:45-ish PM) I did not get a charge completed e-mail. However, when I went home I did a little bump charge before going out again and oddly, when I unplugged I got a charge completed e-mail even though I only had partial charge. That's never happened to me before. Anyway, I then got my "plug in your car" message at 8 PM, and then a charge completed e-mail this morning (again at 4:15 AM). So, definitely some weirdness on the alerts.

·
Registered
18 Posts
You can add me to the list of Volt users who can't seem to get OnStar to send a "Completed Charge" email. OnStar tech support is totally clueless (outsourcing tech support is never a good choice). I spoke with a GM Volt person today. They have offered to help, we shall see.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am getting very discussed with OnStar. I recently Actiavted on another GM vehicel and it was a real pain.

I guess they assume they are giving it free so you get what you get.

If thiscontimues I will not renew.

Gee I wonder if you get in accident and air bag goes off... I guess sytem wide outage you are screwqed.

I guess I better keep AAA also.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I wonder if anyone else is having this problem. Volt is not sending text messages when Fully Charged or Disconnected. I guess it is an OnStar issue.

Anyone else.. only last couple of days.
I have had my 2011 Volt for over 8 months, and I have not had any problem with text/email from my Volt since I initially set it up. It worked last night and today.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I've had my Volt since 3/3 and the Text/Email alerts have never worked.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Hi, I started a similar thread a week ago and have been waiting for a call from the tech's at Onstar. I could not get the app to send the message to the car to tell it to send email's and text's to me if the charge was interrupted or finished. I was geting the same #108 error using both an Android device and an Iphone. After trying the Iphone with no luck I tried the Android again and did get it to send the change from no to yes to the car (at least it said it did ).

But to date I have not received any emails or text's from the car. Still waiting for the return call from Onstar.

I did have a good conversation with a Volt advisor and he was going to check up on it a few days ago. Will try him again to see what he has found out. The Volt advisors have always been great! But Onstar said it could be couple of weeks before they respond. Roy #1019

·
Registered
213 Posts
I have mine since June 2011 and had a few outages I think in October lasting a day but has been working great since then

·
Registered
316 Posts
nothing new, but how do you enter your phone number into RemoteLink

I too have had problems since we got the car on 2/14/12. However, I can't enter my phone number into the onlink application on my android phone. Any ideas?

·
Registered
6,664 Posts
I just tried to add my cell phone and it accepted it, and the message indicating the notice to the car was not sent changed to Volt at time/day data.

Maybe OnStar figured out what was wrong with account and fixed it. The car is charging now and due to finish in 2 hours. I have the alert set to send me the e-mail at 5:00 am.

Here's hoping.

Tom

·
Registered
12 Posts
Can anyone tell me how to setup this up on the IPhone. I just got my Volt and downloaded the app as well and have the OnStar activated but not sure what to do from there. Thanks

·
Registered
216 Posts
Can anyone tell me how to setup this up on the IPhone. I just got my Volt and downloaded the app as well and have the OnStar activated but not sure what to do from there. Thanks
The service doesn't work (at least seemingly for 99% of us) and if you try to set it up, the app will throw errors.

But if you wanna give it a try, sign into the iphone app and go the "more" section. It's not easy to miss if you look around at all in the app.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Between this (which I've noticed is not working for me either today) and the sorry excuse for the myvolt.com website, OnStar is really dropping the ball. Pretty disappointing and amateur-hour IMO..

·
Registered
62 Posts
Problems with On Star emails

I have had my Volt for just over 2 months now. I received 1 initial diagnositic report from On Star the day I picked up the car, and that was it. Nothing else. I have called On Star to report the problem and they tell me they will get back to me, but they don't do anything.

Seems like some assistance from the Volt Advisor team would be appropriate. Are you listneing?

Thank you.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts