GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, ... about 4 days in and I’m realizing should one wish too , you can drive a Volt very much like a bike .... as a biker for 45 years the one thing I hate is having to come to a complete stop at lights , junctions etc ( feet down) now my balance is still very good , for an old bugger , but rolling slowly timing the lights , I’m realizing I’m doing exactly the same thing in the Volt , using the Regen paddle... just for different reasons... Brilliant!!

·
Administrator
21,023 Posts
Yes, watching the lights ahead, you can often time your arrival so you still have rolling momentum as the light changes to green. The more you can do that the less energy needed to get the car up to speed again compared to starting from a dead stop. Of course so many drivers are used to mindlessly rush from one stoplight to the next (increasing brake wear and tear as well) that they may not appreciate your pulse and glide method.

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Of course this same concept applied to ICE cars as well. By doing the same thing you used less gas. It's just that most people remained oblivious to their mpgs, and just kept pumping gas in the car.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
I used to do that on my Triumph motorcycle 50 years ago, did it on my '71 Javelin 45 years ago, did it on my '91 Integra 25 years ago, do it on my Volt as well. Never gave it a second thought. Brakes always lasted 70,000+ miles.

·
Registered
897 Posts
I used to do that on my Triumph motorcycle 50 years ago, did it on my '71 Javelin 45 years ago, did it on my '91 Integra 25 years ago, do it on my Volt as well. Never gave it a second thought. Brakes always lasted 70,000+ miles.
Same here, and with all the sticks I've owned, and the one I still own, it often means not having to bother with 1st gear.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts