GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I'm new here, got into a 2012 Volt Saga with high mileage and Unable to charge HV battery message ( definitely throwing a codes P1FFF and P0C8B even after clearing those, topped of the reservoir,
would you recommend anybody inexpensive or home mechanic where I can bring it for a check up either in Los Angeles or San Jose / Bay areas ?

thanks!

·
Administrator
21,049 Posts
ZAAAAAAAA

You are OK and in a safe place. I know it's scary, but this episode will pass. Close your eyes and take 10 deep, slow breaths, letting each out slowly. Then take a drink of water an lie down with lights off. Try to remain calm.

Update: racitykrea443 is now banned

·
Registered
1,761 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well, Struken autobody is not servicing volt anymore,
I've asked for PERSONAL recommendation of the MECHANICS, who can be either mobile or can do the work in their yard, not 120$+ hourly rate of the "licensed" facilities lol

·
Administrator
21,049 Posts
well, Struken autobody is not servicing volt anymore,
I've asked for PERSONAL recommendation of the MECHANICS, who can be either mobile or can do the work in their yard, not 120$+ hourly rate of the "licensed" facilities lol
Good luck. This is likely a dealer-level diagnosis and repair, not a shade tree mechanic.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good luck. This is likely a dealer-level diagnosis and repair, not a shade tree mechanic.
thats what I'm asking on this forum - maybe there is a person who working on the volt, cause what's the point of paying the delership double price of the car ?

I know that dealership will tell that replacement of the battery needed even without checking it condition lol

but I see everybody's here just rich-mans who probably stopping by the dealership in case of an oil change...

·
Registered
26 Posts
The only shop I know of is Electric Avenue, in Silverlake. Although, i fricking have had it with that guy. He's always "too busy" and misses things, and tries to make up for it by giving you a free bag or some BS. He also charges $130 an hour or something crazy. He told me "spark plugs are hard to get to in the chevy volt. we had to take off a bunch of stuff". I literally watched a Youtube video, and these spark plugs couldn't be easier, it's a 15 minute job.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts