GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the AT&T Mobile Share Value plan whereby one can include additional devices on the plan to share the pool of monthly data. I see that that Gen 2 Volt supposedly can be added to this plan for a $10/month fee but have been unsuccessful in getting it added. See here and here (near bottom of page).

Neither OnStar nor AT&T have had any luck in adding my car to my plan and only offered me the outrageously expensive separate car-only plan.

Has anyone successfully added their Volt to their Mobile Share Value plan for the $10/month?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have my 2016 Volt on my AT&T mobile share plan, I added it through the OnStar website for $10 per month.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have my 2016 Volt on my AT&T mobile share plan, I added it through the OnStar website for $10 per month.
Please share how you did it because I have been totally unsuccessful thus far.

·
Registered
81 Posts
gadgeTT,
Yes, I have done it.
However, I am not sure what to tell you. :) I pushed the Blue OnStar button, talked to a very helpful OnStar guy, who called the ATT people and we had a three way conversation. It took about 10 minutes. It looks like you have done about all that I did, but without success. I DID wait until just before the 3 month/3Gig plan ran out. Maybe if you called OnStar again, you might get someone more helpful. I think I just told the OnStar rep that I wanted to transfer my number to my ATT account. I had my car phone # and the ATT account number ready, but I think I only had to tell the ATT person my ATT account #.
Good luck!
Yes, it IS useful, when you get it done.
Roy

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wonder if my inability to add to my existing AT&T account it has something to do with currently being in the OnStar data trial (3GB for 30 days thing)? Perhaps if I cancel that trial or attempt again after its expiration I might have success? If this is the case, however; it would be nice if at least ONE of the many OnStar representatives would provide a clue instead of throwing their proverbial hands in the air and saying "I don't know."

·
Registered
81 Posts
I wonder if my inability to add to my existing AT&T account it has something to do with currently being in the OnStar data trial (3GB for 30 days thing)? Perhaps if I cancel that trial or attempt again after its expiration I might have success? If this is the case, however; it would be nice if at least ONE of the many OnStar representatives would provide a clue instead of throwing their proverbial hands in the air and saying "I don't know."
I was still on the last day/days of the original plan. But if you wait until it expires, you might just be able to tell ATT you want to add a new data line to your plan, and this is the number of the mobile device to add.

Is your plan 30 days or 3 Months/3 Gig? The plan that came with my car was 3 months.
Roy

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is your plan 30 days or 3 Months/3 Gig? The plan that came with my car was 3 months.
Roy
3GB/3Month... almost out of data so I'll try again when it has expired.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts