GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My leased Volt LT 2017 with 45000 miles on it and out of bumper to bumper warrant.
Last Wednesday, engine light turned on, brought to the dealer, and the repair consultant told me the DTC code is P15C5 and the replacement of heater control valve (part#23187581) is necessary, and this part is not covered by powertrain warrant, and they are going to charge $650 to replace it. by the way the drivebility is not impacted (yet).
However I read on this forum that code P15C5 is related to battery cooling system and should be covered under Volttech 8 year 100,000 mile warrant.
has any of you experienced the same issue? did the repair done under warrant or out of pocket?
suggestions are greatly appreciated regarding documentations, evidences to help discussing with dealer on on warrante coverage for this particular DTC code.

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Unfortunately not every Volt component that is part of the Voltec system is covered by the Voltec 8 year / 100k warranty. Only specific components are covered under the Voltec warranty.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Keep driving, until the battery overheats..........??
( seriously.....would Chevy then have to replace the Voltec battery pack, and its associated (non functioning) control systems?)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you Jcanoe/radarjones. for your response. I have taken the car out of dealership (paid them $162 for diagnosis). reported the code to chevy customer service yesterday and they promised to call me back within 48 hours. wait and see.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Good luck !!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts