GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I just had to chuckle slightly to these headlines I came across today related to a Volt that caught fire o_O

"Another Chevy Volt Caught Fire This Week. GM Is Investigating"

PS. I'd be curious if they even have a copyeditor on staff...

·
Administrator
21,126 Posts
Yes, click bait. It was a Bolt, not a Volt. Click bait link removed.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I still think it was borderline moronic of GM to give the two different cars identical names. Hopefully the 'Bolt' name goes the way of the Pinto and is replaced by something a little more clever.

Reactions: obermd

·
Registered
6 Posts
I still think it was borderline moronic of GM to give the two different cars identical names. Hopefully the 'Bolt' name goes the way of the Pinto and is replaced by something a little more clever.
Would they be dumb enough to rename it ... Volt :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Pinto was a Ford product. In the same era, Chevy had the Nova. In Spanish, literally, No Go

·
Registered
74 Posts
Pinto was a Ford product. In the same era, Chevy had the Nova. In Spanish, literally, No Go
Oh yes, how could I forget! They can rename the Bolt "Fuego" if Renault is willing to give it up.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Like, Ford?
Yes, like the Ford Pinto. I don't see Ford bringing that moniker back anytime soon. The "Bolt" name is tarnished by now and was never that clever to begin with. So I feel it will be consigned to the history books once the Ultium cars hit the roads.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts