GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been talking to all my local dealerships and some Orlando ones but can not get a date on when we will be able to pre order the volt in Florida. Has anyone in Florida been able to pre order a volt? If so, what dealership?

Thanks,
Fleming
Melbourne, FL

·
Registered
882 Posts
I bought mine by phone for MSRP from a Texas dealer.....no waiting....had it delivered right to my house in December. The dealers around here have no information, i think it might be another 9 months before they arrive here, and if history is an indication , around here there may be huge markups in price.
BTW, I did visit a Melbourne Chevrolet dealer months ago while on a visit up there to inquire about availability prior to the roll-out, and the salesmen knew less about Volts than I did. Good luck

Steve in Boca Raton #313

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
While I have no date commitment yet, I do have an MSRP commitment from my Chevy dealer in Arcadia,Fl. Since I learned that Volt will not be eligible for GM rebate until November, I am content to wait it out. My recommendation is to shop dealers now and get an MSRP commitment in writing so you can be ready.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The latest announcement was you should be able to order in Q2 and delivery will be in Q3. Like Steve I also decided to buy out of state. I got mine from NJ and took the auto train from outside DC to Sanford. If you want it, a good dealer will make it very easy for you. If you look online at available vehicles on chevrolet's website and email the dealerships you will get a response from a salesman that is used to doing business over the phone and online. My salesman said he does business with a lot of customers from out of state who find listings for vehicles online. Everything from a new corvette or camaro in a color and options a buyer wants, and a lot of used car sales for cars that are harder to find.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
As stated in other posts if want to get a Volt right away the Chevy website appears to have 47 Volts availablie within 150 miles from my Zipcode 21047. They range from New York to Waldorf Maryland. I would be doing same thing but I am not financialy ready to purchase. Good luck with your hunt.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
As stated in other posts if want to get a Volt right away the Chevy website appears to have 47 Volts availablie within 150 miles from my Zipcode 21047. They range from New York to Waldorf Maryland. I would be doing same thing but I am not financialy ready to purchase. Good luck with your hunt.
Has anything changed over the past couple of months with these listings? I called many of them back then, and the sales reps all laughed at me that they would really have a Volt in stock even though the GM and their dealer's website said they did.

I could see where maybe there are 2 or 3 real ones out of that 47, but I think it's going to take a lot phone calls to find the needles in the haystack.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
The number of Volts that the site says are available changes from day to day. I felt that if Flemingjr had to wait as long as he thought it would be worth some calls.

·
Registered
513 Posts
This probably doesn't count but we have a new Volt back in Detroit. We are allowing our dealer to display it in their showroom. We spend our winters in Miami living on our boat.:)

·
Registered
155 Posts
Also as I placed my order for my Volt from an Austin, TX dealer, the Chevy website said they had 3. When I asked, they said yes they did but the had been presold. And had left the dealership about a week earlier.

Volt # ???? Can't wait to get that number.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I bought mine by phone for MSRP from a Texas dealer.....no waiting....had it delivered right to my house in December. The dealers around here have no information, i think it might be another 9 months before they arrive here, and if history is an indication , around here there may be huge markups in price.
BTW, I did visit a Melbourne Chevrolet dealer months ago while on a visit up there to inquire about availability prior to the roll-out, and the salesmen knew less about Volts than I did. Good luck

Steve in Boca Raton #313
Ya, I've had the same experiences calling around, one salesman said there was a production stoppage in California so the volt won't be available till 2012!!! I think it's time for car manufacturers to start owning the dealerships, these people are clueless.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Steve, I'm coming down to Florida on vacation in a couple of weeks. Exactly where do I go in Boca to see a Volt in the wild:) ?

·
Registered
882 Posts
Gimme a heads up and you can see by Starbucks on Military Trail at Boca Center some early afternoon, schedule permitting.

Steve in Boca Raton #313

·
Registered
36 Posts
I bought mine from Courtesy Chevrolet in San Jose, CA. They already sold 10 of them. Really nice dealership to work with.
If you go to my site http://MyPerfectAutomobile.com you will see a video of me picking up the car.
Here is a link to their site. According to the link they have a few available:
http://www.courtesychevrolet.com/ne...r&SBbodystyle=Hatchback&SBprice=clear&start=0

Don't forget California has an 8% sales tax, but you should be able to waive that being out of state.

Bob T
http://MyPerfectAutomobile.com

·
Registered
78 Posts
While I have no date commitment yet, I do have an MSRP commitment from my Chevy dealer in Arcadia,Fl. Since I learned that Volt will not be eligible for GM rebate until November, I am content to wait it out. My recommendation is to shop dealers now and get an MSRP commitment in writing so you can be ready.
Mark,
If you want to see one in person, I have one in Sarasota. Drop me a PM and you can swing by one day during work hours to take a look-see.
Regards,

·
Registered
350 Posts
Well, I'm on vacation in sunny Florida, sitting at the Starbuck's in Boca. As promised below, Steve (mybatcar) showed me all around his beautiful cream Volt, and even gave me (and my wife) a ride. Man, am I pumped! Wonderful!

Thanks Steve!

·
Registered
882 Posts
How about that! Just on the chance that I might be there today you came to Starbucks and I did drop in for a coffee at the same time. It was a pleasure to meet you both , and I am happy you got to see the car and take a ride. Enjoy the rest of your time here in South Florida. If there is anything you wish to see or photograph of the car before you leave just drop me a note right here by clicking my scene name...I'll be sure to see it this time ; )

Steve in Boca Raton #313

·
Registered
350 Posts
And thanks for spending so much time with us. Fun!

I'll be monitoring this site for your Volt experiences during the hot, humid Florida summers.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Drove I-95 to North Miami and back with temps at 80 to 81. A total of 69.5 miles of which about 60 were highway, AC on......42.5 elect, 27.0 gasoline, with an MPG of 111 miles and burning .63 gallons of gas.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts