GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
I don't believe those estimates are accurate.

I believe that GM sold 2063 Bolt's in Nov along with 1658 Volt's thus GM should have eclipsed the 200,000 sold overall.

·
Super Moderator
6,278 Posts
I believe that GM sold 2063 Bolt's in Nov along with 1658 Volt's thus GM should have eclipsed the 200,000 sold overall.
Where are the number from that you are providing in multiple threads?!?

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
We bought one in Nov. Get it while you can and while the full tax rebate is available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
98 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,278 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
I could easily see it, as it's the first refresh the gen 2 Volt has seen. That's roughly the sale volume the gen 2 initially saw when it came out in a world of "super cheap oil" after it had a period of high prices. While oil is still pretty cheap, I think there's more of a general push towards EVs/PHEVs now, so a little refresh and the looming tax credit phase out is probably going to push Volt/Bolt sales up for the next ~6 months.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Nah, that's just a backfire. Happens all the time. :p

·
Registered
6,464 Posts
I don't believe those estimates are accurate.

Given the Volt's net inventory lost nearly 3,000 cars since the beginning of November and the Bolt EV's net inventory lost nearly 2,000 in the same period, I find those numbers highly pessimistic.

Now, I don't take Insideevs' numbers as gospel now that GM has switched to quarterly reporting, but Insideevs also has a track record for being fairly accurate (though they do true up at the end of the quarter).

In this case, based on what I've seen (my local dealerships are nearly sold out of Volts and the salesmen did say that there was a huge run on them), the Insideevs' numbers appear to be the more accurate total.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Going out with a bang would be more apt if GM's engineers did what they've done with a few of their cars when they saw the axe falling. It's how we ended up with berserker in your face cars like the '88 Fiero, the GNX, the Turbo T/A, and the Scyclone/Typhoon.

"Well, we've only got a few years left with this, let's go nuts!"

What would a performance version of the Volt look like or do considering the treatment bestowed on past cars?

·
Registered
605 Posts
Going out with a bang would be more apt if GM's engineers did what they've done with a few of their cars when they saw the axe falling. It's how we ended up with berserker in your face cars like the '88 Fiero, the GNX, the Turbo T/A, and the Scyclone/Typhoon.

"Well, we've only got a few years left with this, let's go nuts!"

What would a performance version of the Volt look like or do considering the treatment bestowed on past cars?
Volt SS! Do it! :)

Mike

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have to question GM's ideas here.
First the lack of advertising on the Volt. EVERY TIME I fill with fuel I get asked about the car. Lots of positive comments and interest.
Next, killing the Volt doesn't seem to be following the world trend. See this post:

[edited: I had to remove the link because I have too few posts.. bloomberg com says 2018-12-04 vw-says-the-next-generation-of-combustion-cars-will-be-its-last ]

It says the entire VW group will be phasing out internal combustion engines starting in 2026. That is basically just around the corner for us.

I do really enjoy my Volt. I have had a lot of cars, not many of which I could recommend. I recommend the Volt to lots of people.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts