GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Volt - Silver 2013 fully loaded **UPDATE: SOLD!!**

This is a one of a kind VOLT, feels and smells like brand new, just purchased in Oct 2013.
The car was ALWAYS parked in my garage.

Very cool contemporary color scheme. Black full leather with white inserts. White console.

What makes my Volt unlike any other on the road? Every single option available from Chevy is installed. Nav, Rear cam, Collision and Lane departure warning (front cam), leather seats, safety package 1 and 2, alloy wheels, seat heaters.

Upgrades:
The rear camera was replaced with the GM OEM part that shows a bright, crisp picture at dusk.
Complete LED and HID upgrade. Every single lightbulb in the car is nice bright energy saving LED and front lights professionally converted to 6000K HID for 5x the light power than original headlights! This one is a must-see!

From the factory:
FULL BUMPER TO BUMPER FACTORY WARRANTY until Oct 2016
EIGHT YEARS WARRANTY ON THE BATTERY

I paid extra for:
EXTENDED BUMPER TO BUMPER WARRANTY with $0 DEDUCTIBLE(!!) until Oct 2018

This is really a NO RISK deal

Got any questions? Interested? Please text me at 702-703-6696 or PM here

UPDATE: SOLD as of June 24th, 2014 !!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Your price is what a buyer can buy new, today from Keys after the 7.5K tax credit ( as your took yourself ) ... as was pointed out in the other thread you started, your asking new retail for a used car.

By the way, those that can't take the tax credit just lease ...

Bring your car to car max, that will give you a true answer on value, add 1-2K and that's your maximum, best case value

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Usually, people list how many miles the car has been driven.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Your price is what a buyer can buy new, today from Keys after the 7.5K tax credit ( as your took yourself ) ... as was pointed out in the other thread you started, your asking new retail for a used car.

Bring your car to car max, that will give you a true answer on value, add 1-2K and that's your maximum, best case value

This seller does not want to accept the fact that ANY car is only worth what others will actually pay for it, independent of how much he/she paid for it, thinks it is worth, or how many add-on features it may have. Most of which add very little, if nothing at all, to the real value of the vehicle. But good luck.

·
Registered
3,942 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

LOL. OK you can buy a BRAND NEW Volt, fully loaded for 27500? Wow, they must have royally ****ed me over then when I paid 44k (-7500 = 36500) ?? I don't see where 27500 = 36500 ??? I think you forget that this is not the bare bones base model

In my book that's 9k off. Buyer gets immediate "tax credit" and doesn't have to wait for early 2015 to file plus there's extended Warranty and like new condition.
Carmax offered a lowly 24k and admitted that the Volts don't particularly fly off their lots (misinformed customers rather take a truck or other gas guzzler instead).

27500 really is a rock bottom offer for a Volt in this shape and condition :)

It's ok though, I don't expect to sell it on this forum after the responses here. I have a few leads on the more serious sites and will either sell for a fair price or just keep it. After all, it's a really awesome car and for occasions where I don't feel like planning for supercharger stops or for going where there are none, it'll come in handy :-D

·
Registered
249 Posts
I think the one important fact you are missing is that gm lowered the price by 5k in 2014. It really screwed alot of people that bout 11,12,13 volts. So that 36500 turns into 31500, plus most dealers are offering a couple grand off msrp so brings it closer to 30k. Still more that what your asking but you get brand new.

Trust me I have a 13 and hate to see this but its reality. I dont think you are far off at all though, Id say 26k would be more than fair. Actually that carmax offer isnt that bad, I wouldnt take it but it shows you that 26k maybe 27k is a realistic price. I just think people jumped on you when you were at 30k.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I picked up my fully loaded (minus polished wheels) 13, with 10K miles, for 25K in Feb at Carmax. They had it listed for 28K.

I think you're right in line... Remember, not everybody qualifies for the full $7500, so that makes new that much more expensive.

Good luck.

Sent from the bushes... Outside your bedroom window...

·
Registered
524 Posts
The $5,000 came off at the end of the '13 model year LAST year. That is when I got mine. Plus an additional $2500 off MSRP, so a total of $7500 off, and it was brand new.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yay.
Looks like I have a buyer at 28k. I'll change the OP once the papers are signed :)
The price is definitely right and looking at comps on all the sites for the mileage/age/condition and options more than fair.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Good news and good luck to you!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yup. SOLD to a very happy buyer.
Glad I can finally take the Craigslist ads down. I'll miss the good laughs at ridiculous low balls and SCAM attempts though.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts