GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a video on youtube they are "reviewing" the Volt. This is not my video by all means but at about 20 seconds into the video they "gas" the car with the hood open and the ICE engine rocks immensely. Has anyone else experienced this?

http://youtu.be/RDdJ7kbnKeE?t=21s

·
Registered
6,672 Posts
How do you "gas" the Volt's engine? Mine doesn't do that.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Every engine rocks some when you rev it, although usually not quite that much. But then again, you typically have a transmission and drive shaft that prevents it from moving too much.

How do you "gas" the Volt's engine? Mine doesn't do that.
if the gas engine is on and you are in park, pressing the accelerator pedal will act just like it would with a traditional ICE car.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wish I could tell you, I don't own one but in the video he has the hood open and I assume he "gasses" the gas pedal. And when the hood is open the Ice automatically turns on. That how he's doing it maybe?

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
In the video, the driver is trying to over power the footbrake with the ICE; meaning the transmission is in Drive not Park.

·
Registered
6,672 Posts
Every engine rocks some when you rev it, although usually not quite that much. But then again, you typically have a transmission and drive shaft that prevents it from moving too much.

if the gas engine is on and you are in park, pressing the accelerator pedal will act just like it would with a traditional ICE car.
WOW, I didn't know that. But since I've never needed or wanted to do that I guess that explains my ignorance.

·
Registered
574 Posts
That poor Volt :( They don't deserve to own one if they're going to destroy it like that.

And BTW I call shenanigans on the whole key left in the house but I can start it and drive away thing.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
That poor Volt :( They don't deserve to own one if they're going to destroy it like that.

And BTW I call shenanigans on the whole key left in the house but I can start it and drive away thing.
Agreed. The car was either left on, or the other key fob is in the car.

·
Registered
589 Posts
This Volt has a front license bracket but no front license plate and, at 1:52 into the video, it looks as though the fob still has the attached "new car stuff". Are these bozos on an unchaperoned test drive? If only I knew the dealer who provided this Volt, I'd love to refer this video to him.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Apparently this kids dad is a ford engineer with a volt for research. They live in Bloomfield hills, Michigan. His dad probably has enough stress with the ford recalls associated with their hybrid systems..

·
Registered
827 Posts
The rocking looks about normal to me, though it does seem to move more than any ICE i've owned (i used to do this frequently to check for FSTB/brace clearances.)

This Volt has a front license bracket but no front license plate and, at 1:52 into the video, it looks as though the fob still has the attached "new car stuff". Are these bozos on an unchaperoned test drive? If only I knew the dealer who provided this Volt, I'd love to refer this video to him.
At the start of the video, he walks to the back of the car and it shows a license plate.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Apparently this kids dad is a ford engineer with a volt for research. They live in Bloomfield hills, Michigan. His dad probably has enough stress with the ford recalls associated with their hybrid systems..
At the start of the video, he walks to the back of the car and it shows a license plate.
Ah yes it is indeed licensed -- apparently to Ford. I guess that explains the harsh treatment. Also at the beginning of the video, there is displayed a link to another video which provides the kid's "further thoughts on the Volt". That video happens to be none other than the anti-Volt rant that was the topic of a recently posted thread:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?annota...&feature=iv&src_vid=RDdJ7kbnKeE&v=9a04BW6pihY

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
If he's doing it in Drive that would explain the rocking. The engine and transaxle have react the torque being applied to the half shafts.

I'll be sure to keep an eye out for the miscreant (seeing as he's a local).

·
Registered
974 Posts
If he's doing it in Drive that would explain the rocking. The engine and transaxle have react the torque being applied to the half shafts.

I'll be sure to keep an eye out for the miscreant (seeing as he's a local).
Not to be a stalker but I can find his home in a matter of hours if we want to go parade our Volts around his col da sac. :)

·
Administrator
20,583 Posts
This kid is a danger to those around him. Notice how his antics cause a brick to go flying? Could have seriously hurt a bystander.

·
Registered
34 Posts
If you notice in the video where he is "driving without the remote", when he opens the door, the chime sounds and the only way for this to happen is if the car was left powered on. Most definitely a fake...

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Considering I can also drive our Infiniti EX35 without the key if I turn it on first, I'm not quite surprised that the same thing can be done in the Volt ... and probably every other car with a keyless FOB.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Maybe he's acting out the rants he hears from his father...:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts