GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my 2013 Volt for about a month now and I'm always the one driving. Just for the heck of it, I wanted to see what the daytime running lights looked like in the front, so I left the car on and walked to the front and noticed there seem to be no daytime running lights. Am I doing something incorrect or does the Volt not have any daytime running lights? I have the lights in the Auto position.:confused:

·
8,680 Posts
I have had my 2013 Volt for about a month now and I'm always the one driving. Just for the heck of it, I wanted to see what the daytime running lights looked like in the front, so I left the car on and walked to the front and noticed there seem to be no daytime running lights. Am I doing something incorrect or does the Volt not have any daytime running lights? I have the lights in the Auto position.:confused:
They turn off with the car in Park, I believe. If you don't have an eager assistant, you could set the parking brake and leave the car in D, though it's obviously not the safest/wisest thing to to.

·
Super Moderator
6,244 Posts
They turn off with the car in Park, I believe. If you don't have an eager assistant, you could set the parking brake and leave the car in D, though it's obviously not the safest/wisest thing to to.
Why use the parking brake? It only creeps at 3-4 MPH. Just run ahead of it -- JUST KIDDING - bad idea.

1,214 Posts
Simple DRL TEST-

Oh, simply pull into a store front parking spot with a glass window facade - 7-11, Quick Stop and check your lights reflection in the glass. Works for me!

Best-

Thomas J. Thias

Sundance Chevrolet

517-622-6081

@AmazingChevVolt

·
Registered
362 Posts
DRL

It's funny you mention that, because after owning my Volt for a year I didn't know it had daytime running lights until I was pulling up to a store front parking spot and saw the LEDs shining brightly in the window reflection. I felt a little embarrassed i didn't know about that feature but I love the way the car looks.

-Eric

Oh, simply pull into a store front parking spot with a glass window facade - 7-11, Quick Stop and check your lights reflection in the glass. Works for me!

Best-

Thomas J. Thias

Sundance Chevrolet

517-622-6081

@AmazingChevVolt

·
Registered
791 Posts
You can select N and push the parking brake button so you can safely walk in front of your Volt to see the LED lights.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts