GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f38/spy-shot-production-interior-chevy-volt-68588/

This thread at GM Inside News has a link (http://www.autoblog.com/2008/08/28/spy-shot-chevy-volt-interior-maybe/) to a shot of the center stack for the Volt, potentially? In post 4 there appears to be a poster board showing the same picture as well as some content notes.

Could this be the real deal? I thought there was a thread not to long ago showing some shots of the Volt interior with a couple of monitors and something that looked completely different.

If this is the Volt it looks good in my opinion. It shows that is has heated front seats, which is nice for us Northern folks. The monitor on top looks as though it might fold down and slide into the dash out of sight (my impression.)

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
[The monitor on top looks as though it might fold down and slide into the dash out of sight (my impression.)
If the monitor doesn't fold in somehow, then the engineers appear to have created a small cubby where junk can accumulate - right in front of the LCD screen. :confused:

·
Registered
200 Posts
It looks like lots of the buttons are either smooth "touch-sensitive" or more likely are just labels without buttons. I'm guessing this is a concept or mockup, and I'll second the concern about that crud-collecting area in the bottom-front of the screen.

·
Registered
35 Posts
If that is what it looks like I am dissapointed, that looks ridiculously complicated, how are you supposed to operate any of that while driving.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I hope this is not the Volt console. The ABC video shot was much better...

I like the simplicity of the electronic ipod like interface that was shown on the ABC news video much better than this mashup of buttons and dials. This looks way to complicated...Not Apple-like at all...

It should be this...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
I don't completely get this version of the center console design. It clearly seems to be inspired by the look of a docked iPod. I personally think that's a pretty lame look. Now perhaps this screen folds down somehow to look more integrated, or maybe the monitor screen is removable and can be used just like an iPod. Either way, I much prefer the more integrated look of the clay mock up. Call me old school.:rolleyes: I find this version uninspiring and sort of geeky.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts