GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Forgive me if this is posted somewhere else, I haven't found it. There was a post more than a year ago about the proper break-in procedure for the Volt (http://gm-volt.com/forum/showthread.php?5098-Volt-break-in-procedures). If all goes well, I should be picking my Volt up this weekend, so I wanted to ask the current Volt owners if the dealer or owner's manual recommended any break-in procedure.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I read in the manual that a break-in period is not required.

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
More specifically, break-in is done at the factory. There'd be no way for a customer to force the engine to do what's needed to break it in.

·
Registered
7 Posts
More specifically, break-in is done at the factory. There'd be no way for a customer to force the engine to do what's needed to break it in.
It's been a while hasn't it. I have not had to do a break in period, for over ten years now, it not just the Chevy Volt. Break-ins are not required any more on most cars..

·
Registered
571 Posts
As far as the engine goes, since the introduction of synthetic oil, the need for break in is minimal. Also I think that materials and machining are done better then in the past negating the need for break in. Synthetic oil in itself will not break down with age, or temperature or high preasure.

P

1 - 5 of 5 Posts