GM Volt Forum banner

Volt Badging

2K views 16 replies 14 participants last post by  Sean-a-Tron 
#1 ·
Does anyone know why the Volt has no badging indicating it is an electric car? There is no Voltec badging or any reference that it is an electric car.

#2 ·
I've always wondered about this as well.

#3 ·
"VOLT" isn't clear?

There are plenty of third party stickers and badges you can adorn your car with.

#11 ·
No, especially the Gen2 that looks like a Honda Civic. Most people have no idea what a Volt is. GM has made no attempt to educate anyone about the car. I guess the lack of badging validates that the car is just a conformance exercise and they really don't make any money on the car and want to keep the volumes low. Now with the Bolt, the Volt can disappear after this model run.

#5 · (Edited)
#8 ·
I would have thought the lightning bolt in the VOLT badge would have been clue enough, no?

I understand the badging between say Fusion, Fusion Hybrid and Fusion Energi as it's needed to identify.
But if all Volts are electric, why do you need more on a stock badge?
If you want to add aftermarket, by all means. But it's just redundant from the factory.

#10 ·
I am curious to why the Premier doesn't come with a Premier emblem on the deck lid like all other Chevrolet models do. That's why I got one on eBay and installed it where I believe it looks stock.

I have a serious need to show off that I have a few extra grand to toss around. LOL

#12 ·
The Bolt does not "replace" the Volt in my book. I can drive much farther and with no range anxiety with my Volt. I certainly hope that GM continues to build Volts as plug-in hybrids fill a need for some folks.
Today my Volt made 2 trips to the local recycle/dump center towing a small utililty trailer that was full of stuff. There were a couple of pretty good grades to climb, but the Volt did not complain. It tows really well. I am so impressed with this car.

#17 ·
Tesla's are very popular. They've gotten a lot more publicity than the Volt, Bolt and Leaf.

'Volt' alone isn't enough. IE: There used to be an old gas car called the "Electra". There's also the "Spark", which was originally just a gas compact, though there was an EV version until recently.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.