GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my new-to-me 2013 Volt to a local Drive-In Theater for the first time this evening and had a really good experience. I parked with the rear of the Volt towards the screen and we set up chairs behind the car. Like most drive-ins these days I reckon, the sound was transmitted over FM, so I opened both rear doors and the hatch and turned on the Volt.

I and my family were really, really impressed with just how good it sounded. I don't have the Bose system, but everything sounded clear and crisp, all voices were easy to understand, and the bass was surprisingly deep and present. It truly sounded better than more than a few indoor theaters I've been in.

I ended up "burning" about 3 miles off the guess-o-meter, and likely would have used much less had I remembered to turn off the A/C earlier in the movie... duh. At least I put it in Hold mode on the way to the theater so I had a good amount of electrons in reserve!

This car continues to impress the heck out of me!

By the way, is there a way to shut off the light in the hatch? I basically had to cover it up with the cargo cover.

Later!

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
You can take a pen or pencil and push the latch mechanism closed and, instant darkness. Just dont forget to push the open button before anyone tries to close the hatch.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Drive ins are a dying breed. There is only one I know of around here within easy driving. Another one seems to have been converted to a permanent flea market. I have a pick up truck which is better to take because the kids can lie in the back under blankets to watch the movie.

I wish their was a closer drive in. This sounds pretty cool.

Sent from my LGLS770 using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts