1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
255 Posts
So much better than any ad that has run for the Volt so far. Gets across the point that the Volt is equal to a pure electric car initially, but doesn't stop when the battery range is reached. Good, simple, distilled message. Plus, the montage of exterior and interior photos at the end gets across how attractve the car is. And styling sells!

C'mon Chevy! You ditched this ad in favor of a guy using the bathroom at a gas station???

·
Registered
962 Posts
I don't think the gas station ads are running any more. At least, I haven't seen them in a long time if they are.

The ones that I see these days are the customer testimonials. Which are their best ones so far. I'd almost call them good. Almost. :) Adequate might be more appropriate.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Excellent James, Keep up the good work. I love the windmills on the road.

·
Premium Member
14,156 Posts
Meh. It has the same problem inherent in the "More Car Than Electric" tagline, namely, that being "better" than a BEV matters not if no one wants an electric in the first place. First you have to establish that people want an electric vehicle. Only when that foundation is established will they be motivated by something "better" or "more".

Give me the zombies!

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Comme ci comme ca..... the ad's purpose is different than what I think GM now needs to do here in America with the Volt, which is to target buyers of $35-$50k mid to higher end imports with messages of avant-garde technology and livability, of comfort and performance, of worldly relevance.

Instead, the Barcelona ad pits the Volt against other electric cars - which doesn't make much sense considering the EV market is barely getting started. No, trashing LEAFs and other EVs is not really the way to get people out of their Audis, Benzes, Bimmers, Acuras, Infinitis, etc. and into a Volt.

·
Administrator
20,024 Posts
The marathon runner analogy is too broad. There are other vehicles that can drive further without resting (refueling) than a Volt. Personally, that's not something I care a lot a about, but if your criteria is how long the car can be driven without stopping, the Volts total range can be beat. The average consumer may not limit themselves to just EV's if total range is their criteria.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts