GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
See Picture attached. In most minor bumps the Volt would loose with expensive repercussions. Come on GM just extend the back (and give it some trunk) then move out the front 8" to give us some crash protection. Curb vs Volt – the curb would be fine the Volt checking in with thousands in damage.

Attachments

·
Registered
170 Posts
See Picture attached. In most minor bumps the Volt would loose with expensive repercussions. Come on GM just extend the back (and give it some trunk) then move out the front 8" to give us some crash protection. Curb vs Volt – the curb would be fine the Volt checking in with thousands in damage.
If a Smart can be proof has a very secure car, I think the Volt can easily be without becoming as big as a boat....

It is not as much room you leave, it's the material you use and how you use them that give you protection

·
Registered
35 Posts
You are looking at pictures of the concept, the car is not going to look like that, so maybe it will be less, as you call it "accident prone" Although I would have to say I think that your driving style has more to do with accidents than the trunk size.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I think the OP is referring to something like the crappy design of the MINI where the wheels are very close to the front and rear fo the car, whereby in an accident there is a higher probability of it disabiling the car due to wheel and/or suspension damage. Made worse by the fact that most new cars have wheel sizes that are at least 2" too large for the car as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts