GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody! I have a beautiful Volt 2017. I really like my car... However, for the past two months I have been having some problems. The car won't start (electric mode of course) and then two things happen: the anti-theft and the the check engine lights come on. After a few tries at starting the car, it eventually works and it does start. It has happened to me so many times... Also, one time when I was in reverse the electric mode suddenly shut down. Yesterday was my 5th time at the dealership for these problems and everytime they tell me that they've reset or updated the system of the car. I want to know if I am the only owner on this planet to have these problems.

Last week the dealership replaced 1 remote.they told me its was defect...

Ok good... 3 days pass ..this morning my car won't start ! Nothing !! Check engine light + anti-theft mode is on.. i will toe my car.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My brand new (August 2017 manufacture date) 2017 also is completely kaput. Won't respond at all.

Drove it about 80 miles on Tuesday, using gas and electricity, all was fine. Drove it to work (about 5 miles) Wednesday morning, all was fine. Went to drive it home, found it totally dead. I was suspicious that something was wrong when the MyChevrolet app responded that it couldn't communicate with the car (I usually pre-condition the car on these super-hot LA days).

OnStar sent out a tow truck. After 2 hours a wheel tow arrived, but the driver said they need a flatbed (thanks OnStar! I told you the car was in park and the parking brake was engaged :( ). I gave up and got a ride home. Waiting for the flat bed now.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Hi everybody! I have a beautiful Volt 2017. I really like my car... However, for the past two months I have been having some problems. The car won't start (electric mode of course) and then two things happen: the anti-theft and the the check engine lights come on. After a few tries at starting the car, it eventually works and it does start. It has happened to me so many times... Also, one time when I was in reverse the electric mode suddenly shut down. Yesterday was my 5th time at the dealership for these problems and everytime they tell me that they've reset or updated the system of the car. I want to know if I am the only owner on this planet to have these problems.

Last week the dealership replaced 1 remote.they told me its was defect...

Ok good... 3 days pass ..this morning my car won't start ! Nothing !! Check engine light + anti-theft mode is on.. i will toe my car.
Keep us posted.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts