GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Moving on, when I have my volt 2016 in "HOLD mode" and just using the ICE alone, i have noticed this wish washing noise followed by a rattle/ popping noise. Has anyone experienced this? Should i be concerned?

·
Registered
212 Posts
I always found the engine "reasonably" quiet when driving in Hold or REx Mode
However, I recently started my car with the hood up (which forces ICE on) and it sounded like it was going to grenade itself.
With Hood down, ICE would never be on, while at a standstil, which masks how loud the ICE really is.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Moving on, when I have my volt 2016 in "HOLD mode" and just using the ICE alone, i have noticed this wish washing noise followed by a rattle/ popping noise. Has anyone experienced this? Should i be concerned?
I have 15000 miles on my G2 volt and have never heard a rattle/pop noise when transition or when using ICE. Do you have any warning on the console when using ICE? I'd have a tech check at the dealership but before doing this you may want to confirm this witha few more drives to make sure that ICE is the issue.

I do recall some G2 owners describing rough riding and misfires and i believe their is a techncial buletin for it on the subforums.

http://gm-volt.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?545-Problems-Issues-Driver-Warnings-or-DTCs-Gen2-Volt

Good luck.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I believe there is a TSB on that relating to misfire. It came up when I was interacting with GM on the Chuggle. It wasn't important to me, but may be helpful for you. Check with your dealer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts