GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For any of you who are collectors:

http://lansing.craigslist.org/cto/2862069521.html

Vintage electric car-MSU History! (Virginia)

This electric car was brand new when given to Michigan State University by a dealership in Grand Rapids. It was used on campus for a couple of years, and then sold to me. The car has been garaged for about 22 years. There's a lot of dust on it from sitting all these years, but it is stored inside, so no water has gotten to it. The lighting was poor inside the garage, but I think you can get an idea of the car's appearance. There's no rust, and no problems with the car that I'm aware of. It has the original tires, so new ones would need to be purchased. Also, batteries would need to be purchased. There are no batteries in it. The car uses 16 deep cycle 6 volt batteries (golf cart type), and a 12 volt battery. Also included is a copy of the original 57 page information and repair manual.

1981 Lectric Leopard, Model 964A
4 door sedan
Made by US Electricar using a Fiat Strada chassis
Approx. 2,000 miles

The car is garaged in Virginia--approx. 625 miles from East Lansing. I'm advertising it here because it's such a great piece of MSU history.

I'm currently taking offers by phone. Call Dave at 517-899-8203.

http://centralmich.craigslist.org/cto/2798802423.html

ELECTRIC VEHICLE - $3995 (Bay City)

Recent and carefull conversion of a '97 Hyundai Accent. 6.7" 19HP ADC motor, Curtis 400A controller, 14-8V Interstate batts., Russco 2-stage charger, all instrumentation, battery heaters and battery compartment tied to frame and power vented, DC-DC converter, rear spring boosters, all schematics and revised Haynes manual to show conversion details. Write for more details phone # or pics or conversion website.

·
Registered
235 Posts
all the leopards i've ever seen have been renault lecars. nice to see they did more than just one brand.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts