GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On a rare occasion my car makes a vibration/noise from the passenger wheel well area, when driving. I tried messing with the heat, drive mode etc. and nothing gets rid of it, until I shut the car off and restart. Today I did just that and after the restart I had no heat(EV mode). Fan is running full bore, but no heat, no matter the setting. Climate gauge will read 100%, but after coming to a stop I noticed there wasn't a draw on the battery. The only way I could get the rest of the way home without freezing was to turn off the fan entirely. I've read a few posts, but is there some kind of diagnostic chart for this?

2014 with 60k miles, ~35 degrees outside temp.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
On a rare occasion my car makes a vibration/noise from the passenger wheel well area, when driving. I tried messing with the heat, drive mode etc. and nothing gets rid of it, until I shut the car off and restart. Today I did just that and after the restart I had no heat(EV mode). Fan is running full bore, but no heat, no matter the setting. Climate gauge will read 100%, but after coming to a stop I noticed there wasn't a draw on the battery. The only way I could get the rest of the way home without freezing was to turn off the fan entirely. I've read a few posts, but is there some kind of diagnostic chart for this?

What does the kWh draw do when you start with a completely cold car?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

What does the kWh draw do when you start with a completely cold car?
Varies a lot, but does go up to 8 for a few moments, then settled to 2.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts