·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
589 Posts
From the Tech Times article, the following quote is pretty outrageous:

"Of course, it's important to mention that just because Chevrolet says that the car has a range of 200 miles doesn't necessarily mean that the production model will be able to make it that far. Such was the case when the company debuted the concept for the Volt hybrid, with the car largely failing to live up to its high expectations when it was finally released in 2010".

·
Registered
3,396 Posts

"Of course, it's important to mention that just because Chevrolet says that the car has a range of 200 miles doesn't necessarily mean that the production model will be able to make it that far. Such was the case when the company debuted the concept for the Volt hybrid, with the car largely failing to live up to its high expectations when it was finally released in 2010".
While perhaps a bit sensationalized/exaggerated, it is still kinda true. 35miles is not 40 and 38MPG is not 50.
And people were not happy with the drastic change in appearances from the concept.
But I wouldn't call it largely a failure. Just slightly off target.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts

Saw this video 3 months ago and it was posted on this site. And to add GM has publicly stated that prototypes are already exceeding 200 miles range.

http://insideevs.com/chevrolet-bolt-55-pre-production-cars-exceeding-200-miles-range/

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
200 MILES RANGE on a single charge is what I wanted for a long time. And at that price, awesome. The Bolt will soon be sitting next to my Volt.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.