GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can purchase window visors (brand name: Vent Visors) for my Volt? Not to say that I want the brand name but I have not seen where I can get this type of product for a Volt anywhere! Thanks, Mike

·
Administrator
20,016 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Perfect because my Volt's sunroof really needs one of these!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Any other thoughts on the window visors; I can't find these either. I did send a note to WeatherTech asking if they would have any in stock soon, but haven't heard back yet.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input, I guess we'll have to wait for some company to realize there is a market for them.

·
Registered
918 Posts
I'll send a request to WeatherTech as well - however, I've not had much success getting a response from them in the past. It was for MINI Cooper which has sold a lot more vehicles than Volt :(

·
Registered
918 Posts
Any other thoughts on the window visors; I can't find these either. I did send a note to WeatherTech asking if they would have any in stock soon, but haven't heard back yet.
DAC17 - on WeatherTech's website, there's a feature to request new products. Here's my message to them:

"Please design and manufacture front and rear side window deflectors for Chevy Volt. Since this vehicle does not come with sunroof, and many Volt drivers like to drive with A/C off, I see a big market for this product. In addition, side window deflectors will be a great feature to keep the charge cables secure as many of us charge with the cord "looped through the front windows" to prevent charge cord theft. Thank you."

And here's the WeatherTech's URL to request new products: http://www.weathertech.com/service/product-request-form/

Cheers,
Ed

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I decided to add a request to the Weather Tech website and see if we can get more Volt owners to do the same. I would have to believe the more requests submitted, the more the company might consider creating a product for our beloved car! So if anyone reading this thread would kindly go the website and submit a request if you are interested in getting Side Window Deflectors please do so... Here is my request and I appreciate Edju taking the time to research the manufacturer. THANKS!!

"There is a growing number of Chevy Volt owners that would love to add wind deflectors (in channel preferably) to their prized possession. Would you please consider tooling up and making such a product? Thank you."

·
Registered
204 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Boy, if there was ever a model of car that needed Vent Visors it's the Volt to save miles from energy lost by using the A/C. Maybe the manufactures are thinking that if we spent 40K on a car we won't have any money left over for accessories. I guess I will just have to cobble something together for a vent visor and a roof rack. Someone sure missed the boat when it comes to accessories sales. Sunroof, ha.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Good luck in getting any response from Weather Tech. Over the last year, I have inquired several times on both the laser fit floor mats and the window visors. Insert cricket sound here......

I agree, Weather Tech..... is a 40k car not worthy of your attention or products?? Oh that's right, this car is just a fad.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
The window visor is such a necessary product for this car where range really counts! I left my windows down an inch at work last week when it was very hot out, and sure enough we got an afternoon downpour that soaked my door and seat. Totally my fault, but I hate going out to a 200 degree interior. Yes, I open the windows when I get close with the remote, but still cooling down that oven is not a quick task.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I made a request on the Weather Tech site for the visors too. I wonder if vent visors for the Cruze would fit?
I wouldn't think so; they two entirely different body styles, even though nominally on the same platform.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
The window visor is such a necessary product for this car where range really counts! I left my windows down an inch at work last week when it was very hot out, and sure enough we got an afternoon downpour that soaked my door and seat. Totally my fault, but I hate going out to a 200 degree interior. Yes, I open the windows when I get close with the remote, but still cooling down that oven is not a quick task.
Why are you interested in a window visor? If it is for the wind buffeting GM already has a solution.
For me it's for the ability to leave windows cracked to let the oven breathe in the sun and heat. When I drive with the windows open, I open them all and there is no buffeting.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I contacted Lund and they did say they plan in the future to produce vent visors for the windows. Could not give me a date but that was better than the response (not) that I got from Weather Tech. Even sent Weather Tech two inquiries and in the second I stated there was no response to my first inquiry. Guess they don't ever need my business.

·
Registered
267 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
123 Posts
In looking at the windows on both the Cruze, and the Volt, they look identical. I was thinking that the vent visors for the Cruze might work on the Volt. Found these on fleabay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=400578757799&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en

I think I might give these a shot. It would be worth the $25 not to get dripped on during wet weather with the windows cracked in the Volt.
Knowing how tight the Weathertech stuff is in the window track, I doubt it will work since there are differences from the Cruz windows. Might be better off looking at some of the exterior mounted units which glue on the outside. Hate the look of them though.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts