GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just an FYI that a bulletin announcing radio software updates has been released for MY2014-15 cars to address the following concerns:

Navigation traffic flow lines do not display correctly
•Cannot enter a destination
•Navigation split screen display issues
•Radio locks up at “Calculation Route” screen
•Radio locks up at “Navigation Initializing” screen
•Radio locks up with Guidance Alert
•Radio locks up when editing a destination address
•Navigation scale display does not display correctly
•Navigation changes map modes after phone call
•Phone pairing concerns
•Voice recognition phone book inoperative until after a complete ignition cycle
•Navigation POI’s not listed correctly
•Unable to call POI’s
•Navigation POI’s flickering on display
•Navigation “Show Traffic Events on Map” not fully functional
•Navigation shows Province list as State
•Radio resets with no user input
•After pairing their iPhone to the radio, the phone does not automatically re-pair and is no longer shown in the radio’s “Device List”
•XM Weather Alerts Activate Automatically after an ignition cycle
•The bluetooth connection may be lost when replying to a text message
•(OnStar) (TBT route download) "Routing" screen appears and stays on display even though the route requested had finished downloading
•USB audio still plays through speakers while BT phone call is in session (No audio from phone)
•The radio display will freeze, go blank and come back on after a few seconds. The display may show the splash screen or come back on to the last screen that was displayed. The customer may notice a loss of radio control shortly before the concern occurs
•The radio display may freeze for an entire ignition cycle. The display may be frozen on the wrong screen, be distorted, or have lines going through it when the concern is present. The display cannot be changed and normal operation will resume after an ignition cycle
•Cannot edit phone device list when full
•Radio does not return to the correct screen after rear camera screen
•Prevents last rear vision camera screen from showing on the radio
•Rear vision camera did not go off in drive
•System does not play Podcasts when initiated from the radio
•No audio experienced at random conditions but normal chime operation is noted during the concern.

If you visit a dealer with a complaint of ANY of these concerns, they will update the radio software via USB then recalibrate the radio via SPS

NOTE
The existing Bluetooth pairings MUST be deleted as part of this procedure. So you SHOULD have to repair your phone. IF NOT, delete the pairings yourself and re-pair

As well the radio MUST be "reset" after reprogramming. To insure this has been done you can navigate to the necessary screen and reset the radio yourself

Config>Radio Settings>Software Versions Menu>Clear and Reset Radio

HTH
WopOnTour

IF THIS DID NOT OCCUR- you can easily accomplish this

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
WOT,

Does this update apply to a 2015 w/o NAV? I do not make any use of BT and so do not know if any of the BT-triggered issues might apply to my vehicle.

Thanks for posting this and for your ongoing support with answers to questions, heads up, observations and recommendations.

Thanks again.

KNS

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
I second KNS's appreciation of your efforts, WOT.

I don't see listed an anomaly that I am sure that I experience with the NAV lady. She sometimes has a speech impediment, so I can't be certain, but, it has happened too many times for me to say that I mis-heard her. It happens like this: at about 1 1/2 miles from where I will have to turn right, the lady announces "Prepare to turn right". Then at about a mile she will say "Prepare to turn left". Then at 400 feet she will say "Turn right" and a ding sound will occur at the place where I must turn right. Do you think that the software update might correct this anomaly?

I'm not going to begin telling you about the times I have been led around Jack Robinson's barn 8^), or when she will say "Make a il-legal U-turn if possible" lol.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Just an FYI that a bulletin announcing radio software updates has been released for MY2014-15 cars to address the following concerns:

Navigation traffic flow lines do not display correctly
•Cannot enter a destination
•Navigation split screen display issues
•Radio locks up at “Calculation Route” screen
•Radio locks up at “Navigation Initializing” screen
•Radio locks up with Guidance Alert
•Radio locks up when editing a destination address
•Navigation scale display does not display correctly
•Navigation changes map modes after phone call
•Phone pairing concerns
•Voice recognition phone book inoperative until after a complete ignition cycle
•Navigation POI’s not listed correctly
•Unable to call POI’s
•Navigation POI’s flickering on display
•Navigation “Show Traffic Events on Map” not fully functional
•Navigation shows Province list as State
•Radio resets with no user input
•After pairing their iPhone to the radio, the phone does not automatically re-pair and is no longer shown in the radio’s “Device List”
•XM Weather Alerts Activate Automatically after an ignition cycle
•The bluetooth connection may be lost when replying to a text message
•(OnStar) (TBT route download) "Routing" screen appears and stays on display even though the route requested had finished downloading
•USB audio still plays through speakers while BT phone call is in session (No audio from phone)
•The radio display will freeze, go blank and come back on after a few seconds. The display may show the splash screen or come back on to the last screen that was displayed. The customer may notice a loss of radio control shortly before the concern occurs
•The radio display may freeze for an entire ignition cycle. The display may be frozen on the wrong screen, be distorted, or have lines going through it when the concern is present. The display cannot be changed and normal operation will resume after an ignition cycle
•Cannot edit phone device list when full
•Radio does not return to the correct screen after rear camera screen
•Prevents last rear vision camera screen from showing on the radio
•Rear vision camera did not go off in drive
•System does not play Podcasts when initiated from the radio
•No audio experienced at random conditions but normal chime operation is noted during the concern.

If you visit a dealer with a complaint of ANY of these concerns, they will update the radio software via USB then recalibrate the radio via SPS

NOTE
The existing Bluetooth pairings MUST be deleted as part of this procedure. So you SHOULD have to repair your phone. IF NOT, delete the pairings yourself and re-pair

As well the radio MUST be "reset" after reprogramming. To insure this has been done you can navigate to the necessary screen and reset the radio yourself

Config>Radio Settings>Software Versions Menu>Clear and Reset Radio

HTH
WopOnTour

IF THIS DID NOT OCCUR- you can easily accomplish this
What is the date of the bulletin?

·
Registered
4,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I second KNS's appreciation of your efforts, WOT.

I don't see listed an anomaly that I am sure that I experience with the NAV lady. She sometimes has a speech impediment, so I can't be certain, but, it has happened too many times for me to say that I mis-heard her. It happens like this: at about 1 1/2 miles from where I will have to turn right, the lady announces "Prepare to turn right". Then at about a mile she will say "Prepare to turn left". Then at 400 feet she will say "Turn right" and a ding sound will occur at the place where I must turn right. Do you think that the software update might correct this anomaly?

I'm not going to begin telling you about the times I have been led around Jack Robinson's barn 8^), or when she will say "Make a il-legal U-turn if possible" lol.
WOT,

Does this update apply to a 2015 w/o NAV? I do not make any use of BT and so do not know if any of the BT-triggered issues might apply to my vehicle.

Thanks for posting this and for your ongoing support with answers to questions, heads up, observations and recommendations.

Thanks again.

KNS
The bulletin pertains to ALL 2014-15 Volts (and other GM vehicles actually) with essentially ANY radio option ( UFU, UFF, UFW, UHQ, UHK, UHR or UHJ)

It was released in Feb as a preliminary bulletin but has been upgraded to full bulletin status more recently

jbakerjohnatohn, to reiterate if you book it in with ANY of the above listed complaints, it will get the update. "wink wink" There maybe other undocumented changes/improvements

HTH
WOT

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Thanks for the update.

Can you provide the radio version # that has been updated? (i.e. version x.y.z or higher is ok)
My radio was updated in March and wondering if it already has this version.

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
Receiving 5 by 5. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
WOT,

Thanks again.

KNS

The bulletin pertains to ALL 2014-15 Volts (and other GM vehicles actually) with essentially ANY radio option ( UFU, UFF, UFW, UHQ, UHK, UHR or UHJ)

It was released in Feb as a preliminary bulletin but has been upgraded to full bulletin status more recently

jbakerjohnatohn, to reiterate if you book it in with ANY of the above listed complaints, it will get the update. "wink wink" There maybe other undocumented changes/improvements

HTH
WOT
Thanks for the follow up.

KNS

1 - 8 of 8 Posts