GM Volt Forum banner

21 - 40 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
I just bought PLUGS IN in Ontario. The nice thing here is that anyone with a drivers license can buy a personalized plate independent of a vehicle. So I can grab my plates now and put them on when I can actually get a Volt (GM Canada is saying June on their web site now. That's encouraging!). In Ontario, there is a one-time fee of 225$ plus tax to buy the plate, but no recurring fee afterwards, so it's not too expensive over the lifespan of the license plates.

Here's the mock-up the web site gave me. I'll post real pictures when I get the plates in the mail (4-6 weeks)

license plate.png

Luc

·
Registered
323 Posts
California is the same on reserving "Environmental" plates. It was surprising to find so many of the logical electric car plates had already been taken. I worked a couple of days before I could come up with one I felt I could live with. CA has and initial fee of $48 to $98 and then an onging charge at each re-registration.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Ha! My favorite from my looong list was

I SQR R

But I didn't pick it because it was just too obscure for the average yahoo to understand.

·
Registered
571 Posts
In Mass, I have "EPOWER" I wanted GMVOLT, but when I checked on the RMV site, it showed taken or not available. But I like what I'm getting. Would be nice to see one from each state.

P

·
Registered
513 Posts
Because we live in Michigan, I thought "MI VOLT" was perfect. Our Volt will be my wife's car so I also offered "JOULE". She does not want a vanity plate though. So I guess we will transfer the tired standard plate that is on her 2001 S Jaguar that we will sell. That plate has been on her cars since 1994. It is getting very tired looking.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Because we live in Michigan, I thought "MI VOLT" was perfect. Our Volt will be my wife's car so I also offered "JOULE". She does not want a vanity plate though. So I guess we will transfer the tired standard plate that is on her 2001 S Jaguar that we will sell. That plate has been on her cars since 1994. It is getting very tired looking.
The three choices I put on my application were: GM*VOLT, NM*VOLT (for New Mexico), and MY*VOLT. The * is to put the Zia symbol on instead of a mundane dash. Obviously I got my first choice. :)

·
Registered
213 Posts
Being that almost anything with the word Volt is taken here in FL, I was thinking of doing VOLT 951. It would make it unique using the production number. Especially being under 1000. Make sense?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I think that's a great idea and I'll probably steal it for VOLT 883.

·
Super Moderator
6,278 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
733 Posts
Here's something you need to know before attempting to reserve a personalized plate. There are a few questions you will be asked before your desired plate is okayed. The final question is: "meaning of your plate?". If you answer the reason for wanting HATEOPEC is because you wish to send a message. They won't accept this as a valid plate request. If you ask for MY2011 and say it's because of the year of the car. They won't accept your request. The best way to answer this question is to simply say "these are my lucky numbers".

·
Registered
571 Posts
Here in Massachusetts I requested, and is on it it's way, "EPOWER" was my choice. On the application I stated that it just meant electric power. what it means to me is "The Power of electricity to change the world" thus EPOWER... My order for the Volt is in just waiting for a production slot. Should have the plate by the time the car is shipped to me... I hope.. Waiting is so hard!

Plate is in and presently on my old (trading it in) car. Volt has shiped ( #01921) 2 TO 4 MORE WEEKS!

P

·
Registered
63 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
myPlate-new.gif

I like the idea to put VOLT974

·
Registered
5 Posts
Being that my commute would never truly require the use of gas and with the debate of LEAF or Volt, at least I was able to come up with a license plate no matter what the choice. And yes, it's available :)

GAS-X

21 - 40 of 115 Posts