GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Connecticut, and there's an EVgo charging station at one location. Connecticut is not listed as a state where I can get a plan for EVgo (and I wouldn't get a plan anyway, as this is the sole EVgo station I know of, and I'm at the mall once or twice a year).

In this situation, do you call EVgo in order to charge? If so, what does it cost?

·
Registered
6,464 Posts
I live in Connecticut, and there's an EVgo charging station at one location. Connecticut is not listed as a state where I can get a plan for EVgo (and I wouldn't get a plan anyway, as this is the sole EVgo station I know of, and I'm at the mall once or twice a year).

In this situation, do you call EVgo in order to charge? If so, what does it cost?
Why, exactly, can you not get a plan? Have you called NRG EVgo? That seems odd that they would block people from a particular state from getting an access plan. Especially if they have a charger in your state.

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
A quick look at the site says there's two locations in CT. CT is not listed in the choose a plan menu. The cost for charging a Volt isn't clear even though that's the car shown in their picture. I get the impression that it's not worth it for me.

There's contact information on the website so you ask them directly.

·
Registered
568 Posts
if you are in the area only once or twice a year, I can't imagine any amount of trouble is worth it to charge there or keep an active account with them.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought the same, it seems useless to even try to charge the Volt using the EVgo system.

The problem is that the charging infrastructure in CT is abysmal. If I do want to charge the Volt while not at home, it's basically not possible. The only locations I know of that I'd actually go to are the one being discussed and at Whole Foods. That's it. And one of those locations I can't charge at. So, basically it's Whole Foods.

Now, if you work at GE or someplace like that, they have charging stations. And some other small companies have charging stations. (None near me or my work, though.) There are also locations along some of the parkways and highways, but I can't see stopping to charge at those when I can just use gas.

For me, it's not a huge deal, as I mainly bought the Volt to go to and from work. It would be nice to go somewhere and shop or have dinner (or even go to work) and be able to charge without buying gas, but my options for that are very limited.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts