GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a used 2017 Premier. Out the door price will be $31,526.

A local dealer has a new 2017 Premier with some discounts for $36,750. Add in taxes, fees, license, etc you're a little over $40K. I will probably only qualify for about $5000 of the tax credit, bringing my cost to about $35K.

So I pay $3400 less and get a car with 11,500 miles on it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you only qualify for $5K of the fed tax credit, then this is way too much car for your pocketbook But if your tax burden is truly $5K because your earnings are less than $50k per year, a $36.7K car is way too much car for your income.
Just because I ONLY owe $5000 in taxes, doesn't mean I earn less than $50K. I have a lot of deductions from business expenses and losses carried over from a few years ago.

I have more than enough in my checking account to pay cash for the car. My income supports a car 3X this cost. I'm just smarter with my taxes than others who don't deduct enough.

That being said. I found a 2016 Premier with 7700 miles for $24500, so problem solved. Thanks for your support.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.