GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday my 2015 Volt would not start due to the message...Use Transmitter Pocket to Start Message...After retrieving my other Remote Transmitter I was able to use BOTH Transmitters with out future issue...Does this mean the Battery in one of the Remote Transmitter needs replacing?

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
Yesterday my 2015 Volt would not start due to the message...Use Transmitter Pocket to Start Message...After retrieving my other Remote Transmitter I was able to use BOTH Transmitters with out future issue...Does this mean the Battery in one of the Remote Transmitter needs replacing?
Yes. The transmitter pocket is the depression in the inside of the center armrest tray. You need to remove the rubber liner so that the key fob is in very close proximity to the RF transceiver.

·
Registered
277 Posts
For Gen 1, I believe the transmitter pocket is in the enclosed dashboard cubby, above the radio screen, not the center armrest console. You need to remove the rubber mat and there is a key slot.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks Everyone...I the issue due to a bad battery in the key fob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts