GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To make a long story short - I made an offer; and they rejected it. Now they are telling me - this is the price and that's all. They are not allowing me to make a counter offer telling me I was only allowed to make one offer and once rejected - the only option is to accept their offer (which is not low enough - 15.5K all inclusive for 2014 Base with Safety 1 with 35.5K miles).

Is this true based on your experience? Or should I call again and talk to a different person?

Thanks in advance.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,905 Posts
It sounds to me like US Bank is in the driver's seat and wants to make arbitrary rules. I doubt that you would find anything that could force them to change their position (something in the contract, or a law).

I believe that most (if not all) of the lessees have found that the banks prefer to send the Volts to auction if they can't get the residual price shown on the contract. My salesman had told me that they were insured against the loss; that is, the price gotten at auction verses the residual price shown on the contract was reimbursed to them through insurance. I don't know if that is true - or possible, but there it is.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,740 Posts
Usurpery laws are on the banks side, they never have to accept anything other than the residual.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,468 Posts
It's been reported by others that is NOT true but rules can change all the time. You can't possibly make it any worse by calling back a few times...Don't like the deal? Let it go and track your VIN...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update - I called again - talked to another person - she had no problem accepting another offer from me (of course now I need to wait for 7 days for answer). Looks like a bit arbitrary and depends on the person handling the call.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,101 Posts
Update - I called again - talked to another person - she had no problem accepting another offer from me (of course now I need to wait for 7 days for answer). Looks like a bit arbitrary and depends on the person handling the call.
I had a huge pain when I was trying to buy mine out. They accepted my offer, but then never sent me the paperwork. Call back, no record of the offer. Make the offer, accepted, "we'll call you in 48 hours", never heard back. Repeat about 4 times...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,468 Posts
Thanks - I did call back and put in the offer. BTW, how do I track my VIN - is there an app or website?
I've personally have never used one, just stating what other's on here have done...CarFax/AutoCheck would be my best guess...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,782 Posts
What is the bank's motivation? The bank doesn't have a motivation to alter the contract. People, on the other hand, do have personal motivations outside cold calculations. Work with the people not "the bank".

Eventually, you will hit a person that gives a crap about customers vs what is on their computer screen.

I ran the tech side of a 2000-seat call center. Every Monday, 10% of the equipment was down and 10% of the people didn't show up for work. Conversely, 10% of the workforce handled 90% of the calls. Which 10% is the rep you are working with?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,150 Posts
Had no luck at all with Ally... The dealer could have bought it cheaper than I could and even that was too high for me. Apparently it was better for them to pay to ship it from Alaska down to the L48 to be sold at auction.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top