GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
weird situation I've been noticing:

I have a usb stick plugged into my 2016, with roughly 3000 songs on it. In the audio menu, i have Shuffle set to On. It will play through a bunch of songs, maybe 100 or so, and then start repeating that same group of songs, in the same order. There are many many songs that do not ever play. If I go into the song listing and manually pick a song, it will play that, then go right back to whatever the next song would have been in the 100 that it seems to be "stuck" on.

I have many songs in the root folder, then a bunch of folders (by artist) with songs in them. the group of songs that it seems to be "stuck" on includes some songs from the root folder as well as the individual artist folders.

If I remove and reinsert the usb, it will resume playing the last song it was on, and retains the order of the songs that it plays. Toggling the Shuffle option in the menu to off, playing a song or picking one at random, then turning shuffle back on, doesn't do anything, at the next song, it will go right back to the selection of the 100 or so songs that it keeps playing.

I feel like this is a file/folder indexing issue.... anyone know how to fix this? I haven't tried doing anything with the usb on a computer, maybe adding/deleting some songs or renaming the drive in windows, so that the next time it's inserted into the car it will reindex? any ideas?

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
My 2013 does that with my iPod Nano every once in a while.

It also gets confused about "songs" vs "Podcasts" and will randomly start playing a podcast.
I also have a problem where a podcast finishes playing, and then starts playing over again
I have also noticed that the infotainment system doesn't seem to mark played podcasts as "played".

If I have the iPod unplugged during a shutdown and startup cycle of the vehicle it seems to "reset" and behave for a while until the next brain-phart.

·
Registered
139 Posts
This happens to me too. But, I've chalked it up to using a $9 USB key from eBay that I bought from China... it's supposed to be one of those SanDisk micro USB drives, so it's very unobtrusive but likely isn't as big as it's supposed to be, memory wise.

Sometimes it's pretty funny because my car seems to really really prefer The Beach Boys and my wife now ribs me for being their biggest fan... Them and Billy Joel. But hey, could do a lot worse!

This:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Sandisk...198459?hash=item3a6ec048bb:g:YfwAAOSw8lBTrKaj

1 - 3 of 3 Posts