GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have had the 2016 Volt for about 3 weeks , I have used apple carplay with a amazon certified usb cable . Just recently the apple carplay stops working , sometimes it works and i go to hit play for a song on the touch screen and it looses connection. I have replaced the cable with my apple cable now. I reset the radio , removed and added my phone back , removed bluetooth connection , added it back and still had the problem. I plug in my iphone 6 and it says in the apple carplay setting that its there but not active. then randomly i get back into car after work it works fine. or vise versa it works fine in the drive in then it doest work . or it just disconnects in the middle of my commute.

This happens randomly , it works for a while then it just stops , the usb seems to cut in and out, but then sometimes it works perfectly.

anyone else having this issue?

·
Registered
110 Posts
I've notice this a few times during the two weeks that I've had my 2017. I've got an old iPhone 5s, so I thought it might be that. One think I tried today, was to close all of the apps, plug in my iPhone, then got to the CarPlay menu to operate the available phone functions. It seemed to stay connected to the car, but I'm not certain I found this true cause.

·
Registered
1 Posts
our 2016 Apple Carplay work with both of our iPhone 6 phones, then "poof!" it stopped, I don't know how to contact GM to get them to log the problem and get it firxed, suggestions?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts