GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 Volt (named: Wattson) and it has the premium sound and nav.

I have tried to upload POIs from a Fat32 formatted USB but it doesn't seem to work. The file format I am using is:
..\myPOIs\example.csv: Longitude coordinate, Latitude coordinate, "name","additional info",telnum

I have successfully downloaded the saved POIs but the myPOIs and Upload Saved Locations are greyed out.

Has anyone used this feature?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have tried various way to make this work. Apparantly nobody uses this function. How would I go about identifying the problem and getting it fixed, if in fact it should ork, which may be assuming a lot.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Looking at the manual, it looks like the order is name, long, lat, addl, phone
Your list had has name third, instead of first.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Looking at the manual, it looks like the order is name, long, lat, addl, phone
Your list had has name third, instead of first.
In my manual, page 64, it has the order as stated by the OP. I don't know the answer to his problem, but he seems to have the data in the correct order. Whether he has it formatted correctly, I don't know.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
I have a 2017 Volt (named: Wattson) and it has the premium sound and nav.

I have tried to upload POIs from a Fat32 formatted USB but it doesn't seem to work. The file format I am using is:
..\myPOIs\example.csv: Longitude coordinate, Latitude coordinate, "name","additional info",telnum

I have successfully downloaded the saved POIs but the myPOIs and Upload Saved Locations are greyed out.

Has anyone used this feature?
comma should be INSIDE the quote and phone number ends with a period, also, INSIDE the QUOTE...
Longitude coordinate, Latitude coordinate, “Name of POI,” “Additional information,” “Phone number.”
Example: 7.0350000, 50.6318040, “Michaels Home,” “123 Maple Lane,” “02379234567.”

1 - 6 of 6 Posts