GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a friend who works for the GM secret Skunk Works deep inside the basement of the old offices in down town Detroit. They work on the super secret stuff there before the ideas are release to the public. They are the ones that developed
the Volt convertible (CLICK HERE)
The big deal with the new system is the added energy recovery systems that can keep the battery charged without ever plugging it in. There is a plug for the rare occasions it may be needed.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I have a friend who works for the GM secret Skunk Works deep inside the basement of the old offices in down town Detroit. They work on the super secret stuff there before the ideas are release to the public. They are the ones that developed

The big deal with the new system is the added energy recovery systems that can keep the battery charged without ever plugging it in. There is a plug for the rare occasions it may be needed.

It impresses me that they actually made a diagram like this; but it doesn't impress me that a huge windmill might be sticking way into the air on the back of the EV-1. If they could maybe have a "grille" in the back that lets a considerable amount of air in, then there is a turbine in the space inside the grille, and then the air went to the turbine. However, I doubt that this concept would ever be put into production.

Can you tell me if GM is planning on releasing any more Voltec or BEVs in the near future? Maybe the Volt Convertible, Cadillac Converj, or Volt MPV5? Do you have any information on the pricing of 2012 Volt?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,651 Posts

The Photoshop resolution on the convertible is very strange at the rear tonneau cover. This one though, is actually kind of cool. The battery could be a flat pack under the floor and the nacelle for the wind turbine could be on a single carbon fiber pole, but a nice drawing overall.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
I think the wind generator needs to be taller to get the optimal wind. :)

·
Registered
432 Posts
Rube Goldberg comes to mind when I looked at this sketch.

Wind mill on the car is childish. Costing more in drag and weight than the power it could ever generate.
Same with the wheel.

The Volt has the right technology and is better than the EV1.. I'm just waiting for the Chevy Amp CUV which I hope has removable rear seats like a mini van.

·
Registered
4,728 Posts
Rube Goldberg comes to mind when I looked at this sketch.

Wind mill on the car is childish. Costing more in drag and weight than the power it could ever generate.
Same with the wheel.

The Volt has the right technology and is better than the EV1.. I'm just waiting for the Chevy Amp CUV which I hope has removable rear seats like a mini van.
Well it looks like the OP caught 1 fish at least! LOL
Nice One!!
WOT

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
My mother used to say, "April Fools if past and you're the biggest fool at last".

1 - 10 of 10 Posts