GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone!

I'm looking to purchase Volt 2017 in Toronto (Ontario)!

My friend told me about Unhaggle.com, where by you can pay $99, specify the car config you want, and reverse-auction it to the dealers to bid on selling you at the best price!

Anyone used them before?
What kind of discount can be expected on a Volt 2017 (+ ACC? :)

Can we hit ~$2000 discount?

Thx! :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
I went with the APA (APA.CA). They have saved me lots of money on the last two cars that I've bought. I go and pick up my new Volt Monday. i was up there (City Buick) to spy out my new Volt. It looks like it was inside getting prepped. Though they did have a 2017 Green sitting out front.

Can't say I know what $2000 discount your talking about, so please enlighten me. I'm hoping for the 0% financing myself.

Cheers,
Tross

·
Registered
425 Posts
doubt you will get as much as $2K in Toronto. If you do, well done, grab it.

I managed to get what I think was a really good deal on my 2016 back in October (at City) and we ended up agreeing to the $500 GM discount that everyone gets for one reason or another and a figure somewhere in my favour between invoice price and MSRP. I reckon total discounts when all was said and done took it to about $1800 below MSRP. This is less than US customers seem to be able to negotiate but better than all but one I have heard of in the GTA.

I trawled here for all the possible info (it helped), and also contacted GM Advisors in Oshawa (who were able to confirm certain things like GM employee program eligibility etc) but in the end, my salesman was pretty open and dare I say it 'honest' ... because he knew I came armed with all the information so he could not BS me.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I think that the only thing 'unhaggle' will do is to increase the cost of your car by about $100. There are no 'deals' at the current time on the Volt. There are none on the dealers lots and so GM won't let them sell them with any discounts. Maybe 6 months or a year from now things will be different. I just picked my new one up 2 weeks ago (ordered end of March). I was able to get a $2500 discount because my employer is GM supplier. There are two main additional discounts available. The first is a 'conquest' or 'loyalty' discount of $500 if you are not or are current GM customer (given that covers just about everyone), that is a no brainer. I received an additional $500 discount for applying for a GM credit card. Therefore, walking in off the street, you should get a $1000 discount plus the ON rebate of approx. $12,000 or $13,000. My experience in going to 5 different dealers (Mississauga, Milton, Cambridge, Woodstock, Guelph) was that some tried to add on silly 'admin' fees. The idiots in Guelph tried to add a $250 tire road hazard fee plus a $500 admin fee. The best 'no-haggle' experience I had was in Milton. I did all of the negotiation over the phone and via email. I even was able to do the 'meet the office manager who tries to sell the paint sealer and extra warranty' stuff over the phone. I think my total time at the dealer was about 20 minutes and most of that was signing the paperwork when I picked up the car. My contact at Wallace Chev was Eliot Wallace.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Hi Everyone!

I'm looking to purchase Volt 2017 in Toronto (Ontario)!

My friend told me about Unhaggle.com, where by you can pay $99, specify the car config you want, and reverse-auction it to the dealers to bid on selling you at the best price!

Anyone used them before?
What kind of discount can be expected on a Volt 2017 (+ ACC? :)

Can we hit ~$2000 discount?

Thx! :)
Chevy is running a 20 % off sale on all 2016 models, including volts through July 8th in US. You should check if it applies to Canada too

1 - 5 of 5 Posts