GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We drove over a piece of lumber on the interstate today. Our 2017 Volt took the undercarriage assault admirably. :cool: The only damage was a rip in the fibrous material that shields the engine compartment's underside (see below).

I thought I'd order a replacement online, and install it myself. However, I can't find the part anywhere. I'm not sure if I'm searching wrong, or the part is special-order-only at the dealer. Anyone happen to know what the GM part number or name is?

2017VoltSplashShield.jpg

·
Registered
117 Posts
I'm wondering, also (don't think this is thread drift!) if someone makes a skid plate for the Volt, or for the ELR. Oil pan/trans sit very low!

·
Registered
376 Posts
I think the part # is 22767895 and is described as a deflector.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I don't know the dimensions of the OEM "deflector", but a properly designed skidplate wouldn't be lower than that.

VW diesels have low-slung cast aluminum (fragile!) oil pans, and there are aluminum skid plates available for them

I've sent a message to Dieselgeek in San Antonio, TX. They make incredibly strong and well-designed skid plates for several different VW models. He might be able to design an affordable skid plate for the ELR.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We took the car in for service yesterday. The Chevy dealership also found no damage other than the ripped cloth. The GM part number on our receipt is "023363169". The description on our receipt says "*SHIELD". No clue how long that special-order part will take to arrive. But once it arrives, our dealership will charge $189 for parts and labor.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
We took the car in for service yesterday. The Chevy dealership also found no damage other than the ripped cloth. The GM part number on our receipt is "023363169". The description on our receipt says "*SHIELD". No clue how long that special-order part will take to arrive. But once it arrives, our dealership will charge $189 for parts and labor.
Shield - GM (23363169)

FWIW: @$50 part from the random GM parts site linked above...

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Also FWIW, most parts have the part number stamped or molded into it somewhere. Assuming the section with the part number didn't get ripped away.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts