GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
8,680 Posts
Congrats!! Welcome. Lots to learn about this somewhat unusual car, but I'm sure you'll love it. :)

·
Registered
319 Posts
It's wrong hand drive! Just kidding, thats awesome! Are you missing a lug nut on your left front wheel in the pic posted?

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Great looking car! I think the black makes the dark grey/almost black rocker panels look like they belong on the car somehow. Not that the panels look bad on other Volts, they just look better with Cyber Grey and Black.

·
Registered
34 Posts
What! No Goodyear Tires? I'm jealous! Nice Car! Great Tires too. LOL.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I am curious about your charging capability. I am assuming you have 220V, do you know how many amps you can draw on your dealer supplied cord?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Victor, so in Great Britain you can purchase either a Chevrolet Volt bor a Vauxhall Ampera, both vehicles are for sale? I was under the impression you could only get the Vauxhall.
Yes both here, Chevrolet sell the Orlando, Spark, Cruze etc here see www.chevrolet.co.uk
The Volt is about £5K cheaper due to the Govt grant being passed back to the user, but we only have 2 dealers in the whole of the uk that sell/support the Volt. Vauxhall has loads all over the country.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I am curious about your charging capability. I am assuming you have 220V, do you know how many amps you can draw on your dealer supplied cord?
As Victor said it's 10 amps, but it is nominally 230V and in practice around 240V. The UK used to be officially 240V +/- 6% (and the rest of Europe was 220V +/- 6%), Since 2003 the UK and the rest of Europe are all on 230V +/- 10% which covers almost exactly the same range as each country had before so the actual voltages mostly haven't changed.

My New 2012 UK Right hand drive Volt
Hi Victor,
Good to see another Cambridge Chevrolet customer on here. Here's my Volt:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts