GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Up an bought a sweet house that was a good deal so it was very hard to pass up. Unfortunately, it is at the very tip top of our budget and job #1 is getting rid of car payments. My wife has an SUV so we might be hosed on her car which leaves me driving my 06 honda for quite a few years to come. :(

·
Registered
211 Posts
It's a good time to by a home so don't be bummed the Volt will most likely get better and be more affordable later and homes may not be as much of a bargain later on as they are now. Your time will come.:)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Up an bought a sweet house that was a good deal so it was very hard to pass up. Unfortunately, it is at the very tip top of our budget and job #1 is getting rid of car payments. My wife has an SUV so we might be hosed on her car which leaves me driving my 06 honda for quite a few years to come. :(
This is the reason why the ecnomy went south, people go out and buy the largest house they can so they just make ends meet, they drive big SUVs and then when gas goes up and food costs go up they can't pay the bills, the banks start having problems and the economy gets in trouble.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cars go down in value, houses don't (in the long run). Buying a 40k car kinda out there for me. My current 06 honda was 18k.

Still, it will probably come down to how much gas costs when it comes out really.

·
Registered
812 Posts
I wouldn't be so sure about the value of your house staying where it is. There's a big recession on the horizon and the housing market is screwed.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
This is the reason why the ecnomy went south, people go out and buy the largest house they can so they just make ends meet, they drive big SUVs and then when gas goes up and food costs go up they can't pay the bills, the banks start having problems and the economy gets in trouble.
No. Thats been going on for decades. Nothing new there. Problem was qualifying people for those large homes that normally wouldnt qualify. Its much harder to do that these days.

Congrats on your new home!

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Buying a house is a much better investment than buying a car. This forces you to be wise and not be an early adopter. Me on the other hand, I'm not sure I can resist temptation and may make the very foolish investment into the first generation.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Buying a house is a much better investment than buying a car. This forces you to be wise and not be an early adopter. Me on the other hand, I'm not sure I can resist temptation and may make the very foolish investment into the first generation.
I'm with you DaV8or...I can't help but blow $40 grand on this car knowing it'll be worth $10 grand in two years.

Maybe I should go see my psychiatrist...

Or get one.:eek:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts