GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering how many Uber/Lyft drivers out there are using Volts. It would be interesting to see if they could be actually more profitable for the drivers, compared to using an ICE vehicle.

Out of curiosity, I inquired if I could use my 2012 Volt here in the Toronto area as a Uber ride, but apparently it's one passenger seat too short for that purpose. I personally haven't seen any Uber or Lyft Volts in my neck of the woods.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I am wondering how many Uber/Lyft drivers out there are using Volts. It would be interesting to see if they could be actually more profitable for the drivers, compared to using an ICE vehicle.

Out of curiosity, I inquired if I could use my 2012 Volt here in the Toronto area as a Uber ride, but apparently it's one passenger seat too short for that purpose. I personally haven't seen any Uber or Lyft Volts in my neck of the woods.
Can't imagine a worse car for a taxi, the back seat isn't big enough and there is only room for two people.

·
Administrator
20,183 Posts
The Bolt EV is aimed at ride sharing, not the Volt.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I want to think I've heard of one Volt being used for a rideshare company on here. Most areas that Uber/Lyft operate do require 5 total seats minimum. In fact, rumor is that even the Gen 2 with it's 5th seatbelt still does not qualify due to the battery hump for the 5th passenger. As for profitability, I'm sure it's there for those who are lucky enough to live in an area that only requires 3 seats plus driver. Personally speaking though, although I do enjoy my job working with the public in some cases I sure wouldn't want some of them in my car!

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
The Volt would make a perfect car for 3 person ride sharing. You could lock in the person behind the driver by having the seat all the way back until the fare was paid. :p

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I want to think I've heard of one Volt being used for a rideshare company on here. Most areas that Uber/Lyft operate do require 5 total seats minimum. In fact, rumor is that even the Gen 2 with it's 5th seatbelt still does not qualify due to the battery hump for the 5th passenger. As for profitability, I'm sure it's there for those who are lucky enough to live in an area that only requires 3 seats plus driver. Personally speaking though, although I do enjoy my job working with the public in some cases I sure wouldn't want some of them in my car![/QUOTE

Chevy shouldn't have described the middle position as a seat, it makes them seem dishonest. It should have been described as a dog seat, or a CIA approved interrogation seat.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
They just followed the airline seat specifications to the letter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts