GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far 99% delighted. No need to list all the pluses as if you are reading this you are a fan. Areas that could use improvement......1. Seat was improved with more padding for 2019 but the bottom needs to be widened and badly, 2. Android Auto is buggy, 3. Wrap around rear view video a waste of $. 4. ACC should be option.

So all in I give th e Bolt -A. Great breakthrough.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) has been an option on the Volt for at least a couple of years.

What is "Wrap Around Rear View Video"? You mean the backup camera? That comes standard with the car; it's not extra money.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) has been an option on the Volt for at least a couple of years.

What is "Wrap Around Rear View Video"? You mean the backup camera? That comes standard with the car; it's not extra money.
We are talking BOLT here......not Volt. No ACC on Bolt.....which is a shame for sure.

·
Administrator
20,213 Posts

Rear view mirror can use the camera to show traffic behind you. Useful when the car is full of people in the back seat.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
ACC requires blended braking, which the Bolt doesn't have.

So.... for those transitioning from Volt to Bolt.... don't step on the brake pedal unless you absolutely have too. L and paddles first!

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I wonder why EVs don't over the option of blended braking, seems to me a great way to move people over without having to change their driving habits as much

·
Registered
657 Posts
ACC requires blended braking, which the Bolt doesn't have.

So.... for those transitioning from Volt to Bolt.... don't step on the brake pedal unless you absolutely have too. L and paddles first!
I hope this doesn't mean that ACC cannot be an added feature of future Bolts or GM EV's !!

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
I won't buy a Bolt until it has ACC.

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
ACC is available in a number of different car makes and models, most of which do not have blended braking.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
I drove a Tahoe a few years ago that had ACC and I was sold.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Yeah, but we have 1 pedal driving, and don't waste precious watts on friction braking like you do with your blended brakes.:p

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Tesla vehicles have the equivalent of ACC as part of Tesla's Enhance Auto Pilot (EAP.) Tesla vehicles do not have blended braking.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Rear view mirror can use the camera to show traffic behind you. Useful when the car is full of people in the back seat.
Oh yeah - I also wondered what the OP meant, I also have that feature but after trying it a couple times in the first week I didn't like it and don't think I've turned it back on since.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts

D'oh! FAKE NEWS!

Apologies - got my Vs and Bs mixed up.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Yeah, but you bought a Volt without it and have no problems with that, as I see it. Or else you’d have changed your 2014 for a ACC equipped one. Statements like yours make me think that people have sometimes narrow views about things...

·
Administrator
20,213 Posts
Yeah, but you bought a Volt without it and have no problems with that, as I see it. Or else you’d have changed your 2014 for a ACC equipped one. Statements like yours make me think that people have sometimes narrow views about things...

Some years ago the demand was for sunroofs, as in, "I won't buy a Volt until it has a sunroof". For others it was power seats. These "must have's" vary by person of course.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Different people have different requirements. Acc is not a big deal for me as I don’t drive in stop and go traffic. I really like one pedal driving and for my next car that is a big deal. At this point that rules out a Tesla.
I have also found that I need a lot more battery that the Bolt if it’s going to be a road trip car. Yesterday my range with hilltop reserve was 103 miles. That just covers my daily commute and really doesn’t work for any sort of travel, even a day trip.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
???? I thought one pedal driving was a key feature of all Telsa models ???
At least on the Model 3 the regenerative braking only works down to 6 mph, then you must use the brake pedal to come to a complete stop. It is also true that Tesla vehicles do not currently have blended braking, so the brake pedal only applies the brake calipers/pistons against the brake rotors without any regenerative braking taking place.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Different people have different requirements. Acc is not a big deal for me as I don’t drive in stop and go traffic. I really like one pedal driving and for my next car that is a big deal. At this point that rules out a Tesla.
I have also found that I need a lot more battery that the Bolt if it’s going to be a road trip car. Yesterday my range with hilltop reserve was 103 miles. That just covers my daily commute and really doesn’t work for any sort of travel, even a day trip.
Interesting, what kind of driving / temps you have there ? I never had 160 km and I don’t know any of the Bolt EV owners here that had only 170 km range. Not even at -25C. My range, as it sits now, it’s 250 km (88% charge) which is good enough for about 155 miles. Which is good enough to go to St-Sauveur and back for skiing (160 km round trip)

CECD1DCB-4786-4EF1-936E-55B7C94336A6.jpg

1 - 20 of 21 Posts