GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two of my good friends are getting or now have Volts!

One already got his (black on black) last weekend, loaded. He traded in a 2008 Toyota SUV (owned).
The other is going this weekend to trade in his 2010 Prius (leased).
The third is seriously considering selling his Audi A5 and getting one!

All three of them want black with dark interiors, loaded.
One is considering the tuxedo interior or back and tan combo.

In time, we will be The Four Horsemen roaming LA, Volting.
Halloween ideas?

Is my Volt karma cred secured?
:)

·
Registered
104 Posts
The more Volts the better! Do you have a Volt yet? If yes, is that the main reason they are getting one too?

My friends and relatives are absolutely astounded at how great a car the Volt is after checking out mine, and I wouldn't be surprised if one or two of them get a Volt also.

Volt karma cred secured my friend.

·
Registered
42 Posts
The more the merrier! I swear I see 50 Priuses for every one Volt. I would think here in L.A. The Green stickers would sell a ton of Volts, but so far--not so much.

We have a silver Volt, too. I agree the black or cyber grey with tinted windows look wicked. But it just gets too hot here in the summer for the dark colors.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We have a silver Volt, too. I agree the black or cyber grey with tinted windows look wicked. But it just gets too hot here in the summer for the dark colors.
I tried to explain the black and SoCal car heat factor to no avail.
These guys are too cool for school and want black/black.

I've had three black cars in the past but between the endless water spots and extra heat, I switched over to silver.

But boys will be boys.
:cool:

·
Registered
589 Posts
The issue isn't the heat with a black car (this isn't Arizona). The issue is that black cars only stay clean for a couple of hours!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hey great job on getting your buds into a Volt!! I too am trying and pretty close to succeding in getting two of our family friends into Volts. One may just drive up to my area and deal with my neighbor who is the sales manager at our local dealership.

Also, my neighbor just mentioned this to me yesterday and I was wondering if anybody in California or New York who have a "Green Sticker" on their EV heard that they just extended it to 2018 instead of expiring in 2015??

Thanks

·
Registered
918 Posts
Also, my neighbor just mentioned this to me yesterday and I was wondering if anybody in California or New York who have a "Green Sticker" on their EV heard that they just extended it to 2018 instead of expiring in 2015??

Thanks
gilzapanta, I read about a proposal to extend the green stickers to 2018 and white stickers to 2020. I'll post the link if I can find the article.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Edju, thanks very much!!!

·
Registered
6,464 Posts
I couple of my friends are also considering getting Volts after speaking with me. One of my friends was thinking about a Prius and asked, "So what's the difference?" This guy used to own a 3-Series, so all I told him was, "Just go test drive them. You'll see."

·
Registered
918 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts