GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm starting to realize that the Volt has turned me into much more of a "push the button and go" type of driver than I've ever been in my life.

I still habitually "walk around" the car and visually inspect, especially the tires/rims before I get in to drive but a lot of the other little things I used to do are falling out of habit.

I suppose it's because this car has a combination of more sensors, warnings, monitors, etc than every other car I've ever owned combined, and also because once I did some research and learned about the drivetrain and so forth I quickly came to the conclusion that, excepting fluid monitoring, there just really isn't much for me to "keep an eye on".

Mostly it's made for a more relaxed car ownership experience, but I can't get over the feeling that it's also made me a little bit, I don't know, lazy?

Sometimes change is hard in the strangest of ways <grin>.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I like the fact that there is no warm up time needed before driving away. Also found that using a car that needs a key to run instead of just pushing a button to start is frustrating.

·
Registered
30 Posts
That push button feeling never goes away. I have had my Prius since 2009, and when I went looking to replace it any car that uses a key feels incredibly antiquated. The same is true for the notifications and system warnings. I just find all the information makes me feel more comfortable simply getting in the car and driving off.

·
Registered
58 Posts
That push button feeling never goes away. I have had my Prius since 2009, and when I went looking to replace it any car that uses a key feels incredibly antiquated. The same is true for the notifications and system warnings. I just find all the information makes me feel more comfortable simply getting in the car and driving off.
And furthermore, I think the Volt engineers and designers came up with a hit when they added the startup sound cues that accompany Power On (which I consider particularly great) and Power Off. Fun!

·
Registered
348 Posts
That's the weird thing about driving a Volt. Is there's barely any maintenance involved in owning one. You clean it, and seldom change the oil in the generator. All of the electric storage and propulsion stuff you may think you have to worry about is taken care of by the programming. It's almost an uneasy experience for someone who likes to take good care of their cars.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
That's the weird thing about driving a Volt. Is there's barely any maintenance involved in owning one. You clean it, and seldom change the oil in the generator. All of the electric storage and propulsion stuff you may think you have to worry about is taken care of by the programming. It's almost an uneasy experience for someone who likes to take good care of their cars.
I dunno about that. Mine's been a bit of a bird crap magnet these days....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts