GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone else experienced this? If so is there a fix? Unfortunately the problem is the dreaded intermittent type and therefore pointless (?) To take to dealer until it completely stops. Since it is a lease that is in its last year I also am not highly motivated to sit in my dealers service department to fix it for the next owner.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
I have but I'm not worried about it. Never paid any attention to it except the other day as I exited from a traffic circle, the turn signal didn't turn off and it started clicking and I thought "that's neat, if the turn signal doesn't turn off , it's starts clicking to remind you, what will those engineers think of next." (my TR7 doesn't turn off half the time on traffic circles and you have to remember to check). Then the other day before the turn signal turned off I noticed it was clicking. So now I don't know if the sound is intermittent or it just happened that one time (car is only 7 weeks old to me).

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As a tr7 owner F1 Spyder I am sure you have developed a very thick skin regarding intermittent electrical issues!
🙂

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
As a tr7 owner F1 Spyder I am sure you have developed a very thick skin regarding intermittent electrical issues!
��
Actually the first winter I owned it I cleaned and dielectric greased every electrical connection, never had a problem with any electrical issue after that (11+ years) except for a loose battery cable to clamp connection. Considering the connections aren't sealed and Lucas had to submit three wiring proposals to British Leyland before one was cheap enough to be accepted, that's pretty good. Anybody that has electrical issues hasn't done that, they just go from problem to problem.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And Vancouver is not a dry environment. Must have done a great job cleaning and greasing to be problem free. Keeping a tr7 on the road is no mean feat.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I would actually like to know what you did to break it--please. That noise is so loud.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
I would actually like to know what you did to break it--please. That noise is so loud.
Can't speak of the Gen2 but the Gen1 A11 radio is what is responsible for producing not only the turn signal click but also the driver's side door ajar 'alarm' along with other interior noszes.

Funny part is at least on the Gen1 with base radio (non-Bose), these 'sounds' are only sent to the 4 front speakers (L/R tweeter+front door speakers). None of these sounds are sent to the 2 rear door speakers. If one was determined to 'lose' these noises it would be as simple as disconnecting the 4 front speakers and then being content with stereo only from the 2 rear speakers I suppose!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Is this one of the sounds that the radio VOL knob controls ?

·
Registered
38 Posts
I've had this happen once or twice as well. Sounds always come back at next start up. I'm thinking that these sounds are produced by the radio as with Gen 1. The Linux based radio unit is a pretty complex computer and has some glitches and reboots from time to time.

·
Registered
678 Posts
I had an interesting problem some months ago... The turn signal stalk stopped self-returning and the signals would stay on after a turn. I assumed that it was a mechanical issue like a broken return tang on the stalk or wheel... But no, it seems that the stalk is returned electrically by a solenoid. What happened was that there was a bad connection in the connector that handled the stalk. They took it apart, cleaned it, and put some dielectric grease on it and it has been fine since. Apparently this Rube Goldberg scheme is what allows the turn signal to self cancel if it has been left on for a while... You'd think pure electronic would have been easier and cheaper...

·
Registered
790 Posts
This happened to me once early in in the ownership of my Gen 2 when I was experiencing other random infotainment issues. Pulling and putting back the 3(!) radio fuses (radio, infotainment, and display) corrected and I haven't had any issues since.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts