GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just started a night shift at work and get a useless reminder every night that my volt, in the parking lot at work, is not plugged in.

I can't seem to find the place to turn off this alert either on onstar or myvolt.com.

What am I missing?

Thanx
----------
2014 Volt, Black, 37k miles

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
I just started a night shift at work and get a useless reminder every night that my volt, in the parking lot at work, is not plugged in.

I can't seem to find the place to turn off this alert either on onstar or myvolt.com.

What am I missing?

Thanx
----------
2014 Volt, Black, 37k miles
on the apps, it's in Vehicle Status; there'll be a "Notification Settings" button in there. Haven't found it on the website yet.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanx - I looked all over and didn't see it there...

I appreciate the response...

·
Registered
28 Posts
I don't mind the message, but why does it have to send 2 of them every time (the message is too large for one text)? That is annoying enough that it makes me consider disabling it.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I don't mind the message, but why does it have to send 2 of them every time (the message is too large for one text)? That is annoying enough that it makes me consider disabling it.
The "double message" thing is new I did not used to get two text's before I would receive a "single" reminder. Not sure on or about when this change took place but it is fairly recent.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
OnStar Basic plan provides me with no access to the Vehicle Status section of my apps to check out these options, but is it possible that either:
1. You checked the boxes for both text and e-mail notifications? Or
2. You set up notifications on both the old and the new app (OnStar Remote and MyChevrolet), so both are notifying you?

·
Registered
28 Posts
It's still one single message - it's just tjat the message is too large for one text, so it comes in as 2 separate texts, with the last bit continued in the second text.

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
I've been getting that double-message thing for a while. First one in my IM app is May21st which is as far as my history goes back.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts