GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a trunk cargo net for my 2017... the thought of paying 45-50.00 for the OEM gives me hives. Anyone have experience / recommendations for aftermarket options that work?

·
Registered
449 Posts
Gen1 and gen2 can use the same cargo net. I bought one off eBay back in 2014 and it works fine for vertical mount on both gen1 and gen2. However, it doesn't have the side zippers to facilitate use as a horizontal floor net.

If you want vertical mount, then get ANY Volt net on eBay. If you want horizontal mount, then be on the lookout for side zippers.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Looking for a trunk cargo net for my 2017... the thought of paying 45-50.00 for the OEM gives me hives. Anyone have experience / recommendations for aftermarket options that work?
Check ebay. OEM cargo nets are our there all the time. Some new, some used. Also check local salvage yards, as they are shared with other models, should be no issue.

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
I kept the one from my 13 that I traded in. If you really want one, spend the $50. It will clip to the four hooks and not be some jury rigged device. It's a $40K.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I tried to jury rid one that I got from Amazon. It didn't work. A waste of over $20. I then bought the OEM and it fits perfectly.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok thanks for the advice... wonder why no aftermarket companies make one like the OEM etc... I guess the market isn't big enough.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i grabbed a brand new OEM one off ebay about a month ago for $23. just search for the part number.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts