GM Volt Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
13,627 Posts
Yes. Here he is driving his Rolls.

If I were a multimillionaire, I would have multiple independent car services drive me around as I would not want the liability of hitting someone and getting sued by our litigious society. Shift that liability to someone else and play it safe.

·
Registered
13,627 Posts
What, multimillionaires can't afford insurance?
Insurance will only cover you so much. In fact, I tried to up my liability insurance and the insurance company won't do it claiming I'm at their max that they will give me. Then I tried to get gap insurance, and they won't do it because my house isn't a standard house in a cookie cutter neighborhood, I'm on acreage where the farmer pulling crops off my land adds liability that won't allow me to be covered.

Certainly if Trump decides to drive like a maniac and tbone someone, people would go after him for millions, far more than any normal auto insurance policy would cover. He could easily find a way to cut a sizable settlement check, but I'm guessing he's the type that would bury you in mounds of legal fees and court costs for a very long time to make it not worth your while. Sleezy but legal - slegal.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Insurance will only cover you so much. In fact, I tried to up my liability insurance and the insurance company won't do it claiming I'm at their max that they will give me.
Yeah, fair enough. But I'm a big believer that if you're a responsible driver your chances of getting into that kind of situation is a lot lower. Even so, I still max out my liability coverage.

It's amusing and a little scary to see these dashcam videos of people running out from the curb and bouncing off the car to try to defraud you and/or your insurance company. The best advertisements for a dashcam are dashcam videos.

·
Registered
13,627 Posts
Yeah, fair enough. But I'm a big believer that if you're a responsible driver your chances of getting into that kind of situation is a lot lower. Even so, I still max out my liability coverage.

It's amusing and a little scary to see these dashcam videos of people running out from the curb and bouncing off the car to try to defraud you and/or your insurance company. The best advertisements for a dashcam are dashcam videos.
I know a guy that takes Uber everywhere even though he is filthy rich, purely because he likes to drink and doesn't want the liability. He even owns a limo, but would prefer to take Uber so the liability is on the Uber driver, not him and his driver. When you are a multimillionaire, you have to worry about these things. I'm nowhere near that level, but still worry about it.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts