GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to purchase a 17 Volt Premier in So Cal and have been monitoring prices on TrueCar. Typically with the cash incentives, the prices is about $4K off MSRP. Today, I found that the price dropped to $6300 off MSRP. Is there more price pressure to go down now that Gen 2 has been out? If I had a PO, I'd run out and get one today!

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
$6300 off is good, about 16% off MSRP...People have reported 20+% off in NorCal...Somewhat depends on incentives which vary month to month, other discounts you may qualify and to what stacks and what doesn't...I shopped all over L.A. and couldn't find a dealer who offer a good sales price until I found one in DTLA...Start at Costco Autos (find someone if you don't have membership) and get that as the base price, then shop around with that Costco Offer because it will save you a lot of time...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks. Yes, I plan on using Costco as well and using both as a starting point for negotiations. I'm still trying for that PO as well!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm looking to purchase a 17 Volt Premier in So Cal and have been monitoring prices on TrueCar. Typically with the cash incentives, the prices is about $4K off MSRP. Today, I found that the price dropped to $6300 off MSRP. Is there more price pressure to go down now that Gen 2 has been out? If I had a PO, I'd run out and get one today!
Thanks for the heads up, what other discounts are you including in that $6300 off MSRP price? Conquest PO? Private PO? Costco? CA State rebate? I'm curious because not everyone qualifies for all of them.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
In Northern Virginia, Truecar has the Volt LT at $32,050 or 6% off MSRP. Not so great. Criswell Chevy in Gaithersburg MD is at 20878 zip, and its Truecar price is $31,050 or 10% of MSRP. East coast doesn't seem to be seeing the good deals, yet.
I have extended my lease on my 2013 Volt to see if that price will drop more, but I think I will be buying a used 2013 Volt, not getting a new Gen II Volt this time around. I am seeing clean 2013's with 30-40k miles asking $14,000 so that is kind of hard to pass up.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the heads up, what other discounts are you including in that $6300 off MSRP price? Conquest PO? Private PO? Costco? CA State rebate? I'm curious because not everyone qualifies for all of them.
I included $1000 incremental cash, $750 conquest cash and $200 AmEx member savings. This is all before $7500 tax credit and $1500 CA Rebate. If you factor those in, the total price drop is $15300 ... Not too bad! I'm still hoping for the $1000 private offer.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I kicked off the process thru TrueCar and immediately, the offers came pouring in. The best deal so far is:

2017 VOLT PREMIER HATCHBACK​
MSRP: $40,070.00
​ ​
​Conquest Rebate included ($750) for​ 1999 or newer vehicle
in same address: $1,950.00
Dealer Discount $4,861.12
Total Savings: $6,811.12
Your price $33,258.88

This is without me sending one email to a dealer! Let the games begin!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I kicked off the process thru TrueCar and immediately, the offers came pouring in. The best deal so far is:

​ ​
Your price $33,258.88

​ ​
Your price $33,258.88

I'm discovering TueCar is just a sales lead for the dealers, they try to use those (with pretty much all discounts applied, but not everyone qualifies for) to get you in the door. Dealers have to pay TrueCar about $300 per lead that results in a sale, so they have to get that somewhere. From online reviews, the TrueCar price is an estimate, not a guarantee, and if the TrueCar certified dealer doesn't have a VIN in stock, you probably won't get it. I'm in the process of waiting for confirmation whether the dealer with the VIN in stock can actually sell at that price (waiting on sales manager for approval apparently).

If anyone else has actually bought through TrueCar, please share your experiences, positive or negative. thanks!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Agreed. I'm sure it's not that easy and that some dealers play games. I'm completely prepared to walk away from a dealer that does so. I'm also using online inventories at each dealership to confirm that they have the cars offered. So far, I qualify for all of the incremental incentives they are stacking on top of their price cut. Will just have to see how it plays out. I'll be sure to update everyone with the outcome.

Edit : I'm also going through BofA for the auto loan. I'm pre-approved for a 100% loan at 1.99% ... I'm sure this is far better than any dealer offer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts