GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
TrueCar incentive info for October: What does it actually mean?

So I am trying to lease my next Volt a few months early, courtesy of a US Bank lease Pull Ahead offer with some cash.

On the true car blog about incentives:

http://blog.truecar.com/2014/10/10/...e-to-new-car-lease-cash-and-financing-offers/

I read this:

Up to $4,500 Customer Cash Incentive and Up to $2,000 Bonus Cash on 2014 Cruze, Malibu, Equinox, Traverse, Silverado 1500, Impala, Camaro, Suburban, Tahoe, Sonic, Volt, Express, Silverado 2500, Express; 2015 Silverado 2500/3500, Malibu, and Traverse This Customer Cash Incentive may not be available on special factory orders or used in conjunction with special manufacturer financing or leasing programs. Incentives subject to change. See participating dealers for details. Expires: 11/03/14 -

What does this actually mean? In a lease deal, where do the "Cash Incentive" and the "Bonus Cash" amounts apply?

The initial work-up I have from a local dealer has a line for "Rebates". There is also a $2620 difference between the MSRP and the "price". Is the $2620 the "Lease Cash" that may be my "share" of the $7500 federal tax credit?

Any Lease maverns out there?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I can tell you that deals listed on this Forum are usually better than the True Car dealer. True Car actually works as a broker by charging the dealer a 300.00 plus fee for any one they send that buys or leases. I am a True Car dealer as well. I use the mentality if you can not beat them join them. That being said I do charge that cost on to the users for those coming off the Forum. My deals at 3600 off 2014 invoice and 3100 off invoice on a 2015 are better than True Car. I do my best to be the leader in discounts on this Forum.

RA

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Rydell Chevrolet in Northridge, CA gave me a fantastic deal from US Bank on my new 2014 Volt... Pretty much as described.

winchipper's advice is welcome too...

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Guys, good information-but maybe I was not clear. I am simply refering to the info that True Care collects and publishes, not their service.

They report that Chevy is offering/making available two "kinds" of discount money: "Cash Incentive" and "Bonus Cash". They claim this is from Chevy directly. I am assuming this is factual.

What I want to know if, simply, what do those monies do? in a perfect world, can I add them together and subtract the total from the MSRP? Does that give me the price of the car for the lease? Then does the "lease cash" come in from the lender and get subtracted from the "price"?

Sorry to be so narrow about this, but in negoating, knowldge (and perspective) is everything. Final price of the car is pretty important too.

Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts